I bought a not working motherboard can someone give some advise?

bysee
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Community

I dispute a payment today and provided all needed info and now waiting for the seller to respond.

I bought the motherboard,ram,cpu´s from Natex

http://www.natex.us/Intel-S2600CP2J-Dual-E5-2670-128Gb-Kit-p/s2600cp-cpu-128gb-12800.htm

The motherboard is not working'/not starting and the ram and cpu's came in it. My psu is working since it tested it even used other psu's

Im just a student and don't need the ram and cpu's since the motherbaord is not working.

I have the boxes and papers, just like it came to me and i put it back in the box exactly as it came.

I want to ship it back exactly like it came in boxes etc, back to the seller(natex) and get my full refund. Is this posible? They need me to give their addres name etc so i can ship it back? 

Their website says 30 day refund. 60 day warranty. For me this thign didn't work the day it arrived.

Do i need to ship first to them and provide proof of tracking number etc and will i get my refund after they recieved it?

I can provide any proof needed but just need some advise from experienced users since this is my first time and don't know what to do now. My goal is to give them back the box (~3kg) with motherboard packed in bag safe and 16ram sticks in box and cpu which were on the motherboard. And give me my full refund. I already paid alot to get this item imported into my country so i already lost alot, sadly this thing isnt working.

The motherboard, cpu and ram  they sell are used and are not NEW  so i don't know.. i just want to give it back to them and get my money back..

Do i have a chance or am i finished :(?

Login to Me Too
18 REPLIES 18

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@bysee

If you have filed a dispute for item received but not as described then wait and see what the seller offers you.

If you can't come to an agreement you need to escalate the dispute to a claim for paypal to sort for you.

But if the seller tells you that he will refund you once the item has been returned then make sure you send it trackable so you can prove delivery back to the seller.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

bysee
Contributor
Contributor

I send them 3e-mails to their support and added on skype but no respond yet, i will wait a bit but since im panic i cant wait.

yes, my post office gives track and trace always and they need to sign if they want to recieve the item.

But what if they say i can't refund you back but they said they offer 30 day refund 60 day warranty. what do i do, will paypal help me or am i finished?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@bysee

Did you read my post above?

If you have opened a dispute and can't resolve things then ESCALATE to a claim for paypal to sort for you.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

bysee
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass

yes i did read it sorry

how long does it take for them to respond and when should i ask paypals help, 20 day full max or can it be earlier

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@bysee

Normally you can escalate it any time you want to if you think that the seller won't respond.

But personally i leave it a week to ten days to escalate.

As long as you do so before it times out at 20 days then you are fine.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

bysee
Contributor
Contributor

thanks for responding so fast!

If no response from seller/answer from seller at all and i escalate it what will happen, what wil paypal do?

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

You need to file a dispute with PayPal.  It looks like you have only attempted to contact the seller.  

Login to Me Too

bysee
Contributor
Contributor

@DPCreations

I did dispute in paypal in action center, and i contacted seller 4 times 

when i go on the homepage of my paypal account its ssays "Action center" you have..

but seller no response yet on pypal nor email/skype

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@bysee

Normally if the item was misdescribed paypal will tell you to return the item back to the seller (trackable to prove delivery) and then the seller has to refund.

But once escalated you have to wait for paypal to tell you what to do.

BEFORE you escalate put as much info on the dispute as possible ie condition of item, things you have tried to solve the dispute as paypal will read those messages but you can't add a message once escalated unless paypal ask you something.

So if the seller does not respond that does not look well on his side.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.