How to post a receipt of payment to a non PayPal paying customer.

tuffgirl
New Community Member

I have a merchant account and have no challenges posting invoices to customers that have PayPal account. Is there a way to post a receipt to non PayPal customers who pay by cash, money order, or personal check? I would like to keep all my invoices and receipts all in the merchant account since I already have templates already in use. Thanks for any help.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

As the system was not designed to work that way, there may be a some work arounds or perhaps input from others.  Once you create an invoice, you can't delete it, even a draft.  One thought would be create an email address that you could send the invoice to, you would then have a record of the transaction.  By using a specific email address, you would know that the transaction was cash, check, etc. and you could search on that address.  Not really ideal but, could work as there's no categories for cash, check, etc.  Just a thought as maybe there is a more creative method.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.