How do I pay off the 6 months no interest/payment promotion?

Calxk
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, I have a question regarding the 6 month no payment/interest promotion that PayPal Credit offers. A few months ago I decided to make a purchase using this promotion and I would now like to pay it off in complete before the 6 months expire.  I don't see a option to apply the payment towards this balance when I try and make my monthly payment. My question is, how can I apply a payment towards the '6 month no payment" balance? Thanks

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Go to your PayPal Credit account and make the payment.  PayPal Credit is available from PayPal summary page, then select Make a Payment.

Other than that, I don't understand your problem.

Login to Me Too

Calxk
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the reply. I should have been more specific. Here is my issue:

for example,

- Say I have a total balance of $1000 PayPal Credit and my monthly payment is $30

- $200 of the $1000 balance is on the promotional 6 months no interest/payment

- if I make a $30 monthly payment it goes directly to my total balance ($1000), $200 promotion remains the same

- if I make a $100 payment I still get the same outcome

- I'm trying to figure out how to pay the $200 promotional no payment/interest for 6 months directly to avoid interest charges. 

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

@Calxk

You could call PayPal to confirm, but you payment will first be applied to the minimum payment due.  I think any additional payment will be applied to the earliest of the promotional balance.

It may depend on the dats of all of your other purchaes; the details and balances you didn't provide.

I've been using PayPal Credit for years, but never have an interest-acruing balance.  When I have a non-promotional blance and a promotional balance not expiring, funds are applied to the non-promotional balance to pay off.

Login to Me Too

BuyMe
Contributor
Contributor

According to customer service, 

If the promotion is expiring the next month, all payments above your minium is applied to the expiring promotion(s) -

If the promotion is NOT expiring the following month then all payments above your minium is applied to your balance -

Understand that you must make the extra payments the month before or the month during the end of the promotion.

Example:  $100 promotion expires July 5th but your billing statement ends every 8th of the month.

All extra payment amounts made after June 8th will be applied automatic to your promotions expiring in July.

Example: $100 promotion expires October 5th : all extra payments made in before September will go to the balance instead of the promotional totals.  This is where you would need to call customer service to have your extra payments applied to your promotional balance.

You must contact Customer Service to allocate any payments above and beyond you monthly payments to your promotional balance.  The automated phone system is a maze so go this way:

Log into Paypal - (top bar) More - (drop down) Sitemap - (support) Contact us - (click) Call customer support : You will be given a 5 digit number to use when you call.  This will make it easier for Paypal to bring up your account.  Then navigate to payments then Paypal credit.  I then pressed 0 a couple of times to get an operator.  She was very helpful and allocated my payments to the promotions.

I really hope this helps everyone!!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.