How do I give my customer a refund when there is a dispute?

MPetersen10
Contributor
Contributor

I want to give my custmer a refund who filed a dispute.

We agreed that I would give her the refund as soon as the product was returned to me. It has been.

When I go to the transaction, the funds are held, but there is no "refund" link or option. Help! I want to give quality customer service and issue the refund right away!

I sent her funds to pay for the return shipping seperately, but see no option to refund her in full for the initial transaction.

I contacted PayPal and their response was the click on the refund link, which, as I stated before, is not there. there is no other option than to "view" the dispute and our corospondance there.

Is the customer supposed to do something on her end? I have no options. I don't want to send the funds seperately because then I don't get my fees refunded, and, I could see that as a means of accidentally refunding my customer twice. Though I will do this if I see no other solution and too much time goes by.

Thank you for your help.

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

I don't think you can refund before funds are released.  Why are the funds on hold?  When did the sale take place?

Login to Me Too

MPetersen10
Contributor
Contributor
It was a few days ago. What needs to happen so the funds are no longer on hold?
Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

It depends on various factors.  Is this a new PayPal account?

Where did you sell?  Are you a new seller?

You may need to phone PayPal customer service to get the funds released sooner so you can refund.

Login to Me Too

rhienz03
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

Since you said that there is no refund button, I can only assume that the dispute was filed through eBay. If that's the case you need to go to eBay Resolution Center to issue the refund. If it is a PayPal dispute, you can go to PayPal Resolution Center instead.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.