Help with pending payment! =)

Lazereye
Contributor
Contributor

Hello so my pending payment is ready next week, 

i have an original transaction and related transaction, i want to know: Why is there a refund pending status, if i didnt issue a refund? i will provide a screenshot.

Thanks in advance!

i just need to know if this is normal for pending payments received.

Screenshot

Login to Me Too
14 REPLIES 14

Lazereye
Contributor
Contributor

not sure what you mean by 

" if you click on the transaction, it should the other part."

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Payments anre refund transactions are linked and you should have a link with one part which goes to the other part (refund--payment).

I can't see your account activity details to explain better.

Login to Me Too

Lazereye
Contributor
Contributor

when i click on the pending payment i see this: 

Screenshot_2.png

~~

i dont see anything about a refund unless i view it on classic site

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Typically there will be a separate refund transcation linked.

I think I know now why.  You transaction page soes not refunded; I suppose that is because you did not initiate the refund.  That would explain why there is no separate refund detail; PayPal did the refund.

The pending status looks like it will be there until 25 Jul.  That wold explain why the refund and pending exist together.  It looks like you indicated shipped, which you didn't do and the pending may have something to do with awaiting delivery.  All that won't matter, however, as the funds have been refunded.

About 25 July you will probably see the result as no funds received when pending expires.

All statements based on speculation and suppositions.

Login to Me Too

Lazereye
Contributor
Contributor

found the solution: 

The related transaction is the funds on hold.

"

The Original Transaction is where the funds initially enter your PayPal account.

The Related Transaction is where the funds are placed on hold. (See Funds Availability)

Once the funds become available in your balance, there will be an additional Related Transaction showing +.

"

im guessing this is the solution

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.