Getting Error message 70165 when trying to pay

Allsunnydays
Contributor
Contributor

Getting message "sellers paypal account is unable to accept Your payment at this time" 

Has anyone in countered this problem?

Login to Me Too
11 REPLIES 11

tyco26
Contributor
Contributor

I'm having the same issue as well, especially for sending paymenst to a few sellers in Japan.

Login to Me Too

jc0187
Contributor
Contributor
I too am having difficulty trying to pay for an item. Yesterday I received an email stating that a seller has opened an unpaid item case, and yet each and every single time I try to pay, that error msg pops up saying unable to make a payment. That's why I originally could not purchase the item. What a crock! I think its time I moved on to Amazon.com.
Login to Me Too

Spicyromance
New Community Member
Yes. The error I'm receiving when trying to pay via PayPal says: This recipient is currently unable to receive money. Any ideas why and what to do?
Login to Me Too

RyanLuu
New Community Member

I have the same problem today. Then after 3 hours I opened my paypal acc and I was shocked with total 6 times charged on the same item which is iphone 4s $450x6=$2700. I bought 1 and now paid for 6 so I emailled to paypal supporter and I think I will give them a call tomorrow to solve this issue. Better you check your acc again and call them too.

Login to Me Too

Gtlashelton
New Community Member

Yes I got error messages when trying to pay last night and then retried. Now I see I have several transactions that actually went through now. What a rip off!

Login to Me Too

oicurok2
New Community Member

Add me to the list!  I need to pay for my item!

Login to Me Too

johannac
Contributor
Contributor

Has anyone had this issue resolved in any way? I've gotten this error for 48 hours now...

Login to Me Too

Allsunnydays
Contributor
Contributor

After numerous e-mails to seller and not getting any response I gave up. Never paid for item. Seller has not sold on eBay since. Have not heard from seller for unpaid item.

Login to Me Too

johannac
Contributor
Contributor

Allsunnydays: Would you mind telling me who the seller was? Perhaps, I am dealing with the same seller?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.