can't link my Visa debit vard

ahmedmegharbel
Contributor
Contributor
I have a QNB Visa debit card that issued in Egypt, I tried to link it to my account but everytime I get a message that the card is not accepted. Please help. Expiration date is 08/2021
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

If you've tried to link your credit or debit card to your PayPal account, but received an error message, it may be because:

The billing address you've entered for your PayPal account is different than the one on your card statement.

What to do: Check your card statement to ensure both addresses match. If you are sure you've entered the information correctly, please call the card company to find out what they have on file. Sometimes, after a recent move, the information may take longer to be updated.

A card can only be linked to one PayPal account at a time.

What to do: If you already have a card linked, remove this card from your account, then link the new one.

If it is none of these problems, contact PayPal or your card issuer to see if there is a problem with your card.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ahmedmegharbel

You are posting on the US forum so can you confirm that you are in Egypt and have an Egyptian paypal account?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

ahmedmegharbel
Contributor
Contributor
Yes I am in Egypt and I have an Egyptian account, and after I checked on Paypal website I found that they can accept Visa debit cards, but I still don't know why I got that error.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.