Expanding the balance limit.

chano23xero
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I want to confirm that the only way to expand your balance limit is to ask the buyer to send to you an additional money.? and a letter from paypal will ask to send money thru western union to a receiver name Akintunde  Okinawo who claimed to be a staff of the paypal camboida branch? I just want to confirm that the person above is really one of the staffs of cambodia branch. Because they are asking me to send money thru western union in order to credit to my paypal account the amount sent by the buyer in order to expand my limit. thanks

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

PayPal_Erica

Hi cahno23xero,

I'm glad you reached out to us here for help with this. Unfortunately, it sounds like someone is trying to scam you. PayPal is not associated with Western Union, and would not direct you to send or receive money through another service.

Erica

Login to Me Too

chano23xero
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Erica,

Thanks for your quick response. but the email sent to me by paypal seems legit. They are saying that I have to transfer money to paypal cambodia branch in order to credit the amount to my paypal account the amount erroneously deducted from the buyers credit card. They said they need to secure both buyer and seller. thank you

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

It's important to recognize emails from PayPal and the spoof emails which look like from PayPal but are not.  Reading detials shows its a spoof email addres as the text is big time scam, very easily recongized.

When you are unsure of email origin, look at the full e-mail delivery header information and learn how to recongize the route the email took.

If yourPayPal transactions don't match the email text claims, it's another sign of a scam.   Asking to send money to receive money is a scam alert.

Login to Me Too

chano23xero
Contributor
Contributor

thanks again Erica. The email that has been sending me to transfer money to western Union is <removed> and they are addressing me with first and family name. I have read the info about how to spot a fake or scam email also. and seems the email is legit based on the info about an emails really coming from true paypal company. 

Erica thanks but can you confirm if you have recognize the above mention email add if its from legit paypal? thank you so much..

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

@chano23xero

The email <removed> is NOT a payPal email; it is a Yahoo email.  That's a clear sign of a scam for this one.

The text of the email is obviously a scam.  PayPal does NOT use Western Union--SCAM.  PayPal does not ask for money to be added in order to receive money from a sale.

In your email program look for the email header expanded view.  it will look like a lot of email address code.  One of the first lines of the header will show "return path"; this should be the read starting point.

Another line of header will be "received from".  It will be more confusiing, but you could compare it to a real PayPal email.

In reality, this email is loaded with red flag alerts that looking at the email header isn't even necessary.

Login to Me Too

chano23xero
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks, is there a paypal cambodia branch?

Login to Me Too

davidmorris
Contributor
Contributor
Dear Paypal Support! I am unable to withdraw my funds since 10 days. I contacted Paypal phone support, they resolved the error for that particular day. I could withdraw for two days. I am still getting the same error. The issue is getting resolved after calling several times. Can you resolve this issue permanently? The error I am receiving is "You cannot complete this transaction at this time" while withdrawing funds to my Visa card. The card is valid and verfied.
Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

@davidmorris

This is a user forum, not PayPal support.  Please contact PayPal support directly for help.  Click on the "contact" link at the bottom of the page and go from there.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.