Completed - Funds Not Yet Available

CCarlson44
Contributor
Contributor

So I recently sold an item on EBay (Item sold on the 6th) because I needed the money immediately due to losing my job and am about to lose my place. I can extend my living here while looking for a job as long as I had the money to pay (Within the next two days). I asked for immediate payment and it says completed - funds not yet available and in pending status. Funds availability is the 23rd of August which is a major problem for me. I understand they claim to do it to protect the seller, but let's say by off chance, my situation put aside, the buyer receives the item and it is in bad condition (Packed it like I was packing the holy grail) they get the item and first day requests a refund, but I cannot do so until I get the money (Which PayPal states is MY money), how does that at all protect me as the seller and help the buyer? That will only cause issues with the seller-buyer relationship. I know in the end me needing this money asap is a personal issue, but a big one for me and a reason I am writing this. To me, this whole holding funds until PP sees fit is sketchy and only seems to benefit them from the stories I have heard. Above standard seller grade, shipped and put in tracking info same day just to add to everything.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

PayPal has very good security reasons for holding funds and it is important that you manage your financial situation to fit with PayPal policies.  Once you establish yourself as a dependable and secure sellet you will have access to you funds sooner.

As you indicate you want to use your funds immediately it is really important for PayPal hold the funds in case there is an issue with the buyer.  It is also imporrtant that you understand PayPal policies for seller protection and that you comply with them.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.