Cannot Use VISA Credit Card. Help Please.

puppy2
Contributor
Contributor

Dear All,

I have a giant but well known (to you) problem. I contacted paypal several times due to my issue and they cannot do anything about it. My problem is that always when I try to make a payment via VERIFIED paypal account via credit card (confimation successfully done) I get an error. Those errors are different ones but most known is something like:

'card issuer denied the payment'

or

'you cannot process the payment via this credit card, choose another one'

etc. I checked three times the details, also bank (account number, routing number etc) and everything is fine. Also expiration date for sure hasn't passed yet. I contacted bank as well as visa company but they are both ignoring me and aren't willing to reply. I am trying very hard to contact those two addresses (bank, visa company) but Im afraid they are having lack of contact details published. I try to contact via three different ways:

- email message

- website form

- instant chat messenger

No respond from the contacts that I found. Also I have normally used the visa once I got paypal verified but now cannot do so anymore. One idea that I haven't tried would be removing and readding it but I won't do this due to two reasons_ first one is that single card (don't have any other) cannot be removed instead of second one should be added and after that first one can be removed. Second reason is because Im worried same card wouldn't work anymore since it would be used for the second time. Note that Im not asking for the cause of this error so if I got reply like ''This happened because of X subject' wouldn't be anyhow helpful. I know it might be difficult for you to provide me the solution - there might not be anything that could be done by me manually but actually my purpose and main question is different:

could you suggest where else could I contact them (visa) for instant reply? I am trying hard to find email address, website form or instant chat messenger. Also I should be allowed to give the details to prove identity. I need visa unblocked / undenied as soon as possible and cannot afford too much time research for the appropriate contact (3 choices mentoined above) anymore.

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

SkyForce6
Contributor
Contributor

First I wonder what kind of bank you have that is hard to contact?

I would change such a bank to a more serious one.

Anyway first we must conclude if you have enough funds in your bank account to cover the purchase price? Have you checked out your bank account?

If it is a credit card and not a debit card then you might have used up your allowed credit and therefor can not use any more credit to make the purchase.

Is it a proper Visa and not a Visa Electron card that you are using? Only some Electrons from some banks work with PayPal. Or perhaps is it a virtual Visa e-card that only works on line that you are using?. As of 2012 most if not all e-cards have stopped working with PayPal due to enhanced security measures. 

Is your Visa connected to Verified by Visa yet? Perhaps your bank have started to enforce that your card is connected to that security function in order to use it on line. Some banks do this automatically but some require a manual procedure. If so then it should be possible for you to connect your card to Verified by Visa by logging in to your Internet bank or visiting your local bank office.

Login to Me Too

puppy2
Contributor
Contributor

SkyForce6 thank you for your time for reply. I haven't checked bank account (which is confirmed with paypal) because, as I said, im purchasing via credit card via paypal. Not via bank account. I am around 90% sure that visa cc got either denied or blocked so I have to message them to undeny / unblock it but I don't know where to message. I found a lot of phone numbers but e-mail addresses are extremly rare. I found one website form but they aren't responding.

Is there a way to check how much limit do I have on visa and how much is spent for current month? When I click on ''Limits'' I am only able to see the withdrawal (from paypal to bank account) limit which is totally different kind of limit. However Im pretty sure its not issue with the limit but the answer might be still helpful. Of course, to prevent any misunderstanding, this answer won't help at all. My primary question is where do I message to visa staff for instant reply)?

Not sure how do you separate ''visa'' from ''visa electron'' but I have confirmed it fine. Everything work well. All details, in order to get paypal verification (as you know there are many details to enter to proof identity), were entered successfuly. I had no problem with this. Also what do you mean by ''that only works on line that you are using''? What line? I have all necessary details and expiration date is not even close.

If you meant if my visa card is verified by Visa Company then I don't know but since I received all the details it should be. I am able to log in the internet bank but not to the credit card section.

As I said, Im almost sure that the card is blocked and therefore denied so need to tell them to unblock it. However I will still react on the answer of my first question in THIS message (second paragraph) but hopefully this doesn't confuse you - I need the answer where should I contact them (email, website form, instant chat).

Login to Me Too

puppy2
Contributor
Contributor

Sorry for the reminder but I am still waiting for helpful reply. It is very important. So would appreciate if I can get pointed to visa staff where can I expect instant reply. Also please make sure you read my first post because worse subject that could happen is providing me wrong contact detail which I haven't asked for.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

puppy2 -

The error messages you're describing definitely sound like PayPal is submitting the charge, but your credit card company is turning it down.  In other words, PayPal is asking them to pay it, and the card is saying no.

As to who to call, that's a tough question that can't easily be answered.  The customer service number for each credit card company is different.  It's not sorted out just by Visa/MasterCard/etc. 

Bank A will have a customer service number for their Visa, but Bank B will have a different number for their Visa.

There should be a phone number on the back of the card.  That's usually the best choice. 

When you call them, you'll want to let them know you've had several purchases declined, and ask them to find out why they turned down the purchases.  They may just need to do some maintenance on your card.

Thanks!

Adrian

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!

Did my post solve the issue? If so, please accept it as a solution!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.