cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how do i find out my bank's Transit Number (5 digits) and Institution Number (3 digits)?

how do i find out my bank's Transit Number (5 digits) and Institution Number (3 digits)?

how do i find out my bank's Transit Number (5 digits) and  Institution Number (3 digits)?

4 REPLIES

Re: how do i find out my bank's Transit Number (5 digits) and Institution Number (3 digits)?

Hi strabo, and welcome to the Community! Smiley Happy

If you are using a chequing account, take a look at the bottom of one of your cheques. The first set of digits is the cheque number. The next 5 digits are your Transit number. The 3 digits that follow that are your Institution number. The final series is your account number.

I hope this helps! Please let us know if you have any other questions. Smiley Happy

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.

Re: how do i find out my bank's Transit Number (5 digits) and Institution Number (3 digits)?

my branch number is 320, is that the 'Institution'  number?

i dont have a chequing account! i e-mailed my bank for the transit no.,but apparently it was so top secret they wouldn't e-mail it to me. 

Tags (1)
New Community Member

I have the same problem when tryin to add my TD account. TD Canada has only three digit branch numbers. Mine for example is 335. Should I add two 0s in front? TD's institution number is 004 but that was not accepted when completing the paypal form for adding a bank account.

IF You are TD, Go to a TD branch and ask for a Direct Deposit forum or ask for the transit number of said bank.

The Direct deposit will have your account number (You need this aswell) and it should have a transit number too.

I recently verified my account with TD, and my bank branch gave me a Direct Deposit form with the Bank Transit number!