Transfer fee

EdgeCan

Hi there,

I was wondering whether there is always a transfer fee involved.  I was going to move $118 to my bank account and I noticed that a service charge $0.50 was to be charged.  I thought I saw somewhere that if you had funds in the Paypal account , then it would be free to transfer to a bank account.  Am I wrong in thinking this?

Jeff

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

rasungod
New Community Member

the transfer fee is how PayPal makes their money. Its $0.30 (USD) plus 2.9% it used to be less but fees have a habit of going up.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

EdgeCan -

The fee you're seeing is a minimum withdrawal fee.  In Canada, if you withdraw less than $149.99, PayPal charges only a $0.50 fee to complete the transfer.  If you withdraw more than that amount, we conduct the withdrawal for free. 

Please note, if you must convert currency, currency conversion fees will apply. 

The 2.9% + 0.30 USD fee will apply only when you are receiving payments.  For more information on the fees you pay when receiving money from someone else (not withdrawing), check out www.paypal.ca/fees.

Thanks!

Adrian

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!

Did my post solve the issue? If so, please accept it as a solution!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.