how do i find out my bank's Transit Number (5 digits) and Institution Number (3 digits)?

strabo
Contributor
Contributor

how do i find out my bank's Transit Number (5 digits) and  Institution Number (3 digits)?

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

PayPal_Olivia

Hi strabo, and welcome to the Community! 🙂

If you are using a chequing account, take a look at the bottom of one of your cheques. The first set of digits is the cheque number. The next 5 digits are your Transit number. The 3 digits that follow that are your Institution number. The final series is your account number.

I hope this helps! Please let us know if you have any other questions. 🙂

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

strabo
Contributor
Contributor

my branch number is 320, is that the 'Institution'  number?

i dont have a chequing account! i e-mailed my bank for the transit no.,but apparently it was so top secret they wouldn't e-mail it to me. 

Login to Me Too

abanica
New Community Member

I have the same problem when tryin to add my TD account. TD Canada has only three digit branch numbers. Mine for example is 335. Should I add two 0s in front? TD's institution number is 004 but that was not accepted when completing the paypal form for adding a bank account.

Login to Me Too

Savengaard
Contributor
Contributor

IF You are TD, Go to a TD branch and ask for a Direct Deposit forum or ask for the transit number of said bank.

The Direct deposit will have your account number (You need this aswell) and it should have a transit number too.

I recently verified my account with TD, and my bank branch gave me a Direct Deposit form with the Bank Transit number!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.