Known Issue: Duplicate Bank transfers

PayPal_Frank
Administrator
Administrator

Hi everyone,

Recently we experienced an issue with our processing bank which resulted in duplicate bank transfers being debited and credited on Canadian bank accounts.  We apologize for any inconvenience this issue may have caused. 😞

Our processing bank is working directly with affected banks to rectify the situation as soon as possible.  All erroneous transactions will be corrected and affected customers do not need to take any action at this point and time.

If you were charged an NSF fee as a result of the situation, please contact your bank to see about waiving the fees.  We are also happy to help work with banks to ensure NSF fees related to this issue are reimbursed to affected customers.

PayPal Customer Support can be reached at:

Phone and email:  https://www.paypal.com/ca/contactus

Twitter: https://www.twitter.com/askpaypal

Thanks for bearing with us during this issue and thanks for being valued PayPal customers! 😄

- Frank

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too
22 REPLIES 22

Cherubim92
Contributor
Contributor

hi i recently sold on item for 145.

shipped and everything was done waiting for payments to come in as it is on pending status.

but what happened was paypal took 145 out of my bank account which i didnt have, and which shoudn't have happened.

so they put it back in and now bank charged me 45 for NSF Return fee.

this shudnt have happened at all. please help!

Login to Me Too

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

You would need to speak with customer support about your concerns.  Unfortunately as no one here can view account details, we would not know why the funds were taken from your bank account assuming had or have sufficient funds in your Account Balance, the money should have been taken from there.

Login to Me Too

gmanz
New Community Member

Same thing just happened to me. Got charge 45.00 nsf fee. So much for getting a good bargain ont he item I purchased. I opted to pay by credit yet they took ther money from my bnk account which I wasn;t prepared to have the funds cause I thought I paid by credit card. Very sneaky. 

Login to Me Too

beener07
New Community Member

Well this seems to happen alot on here, paypal went into my bank account twice for two different amounts which is fine but they went in twice for one of the amounts, put em back sayin the money wasnt there and my bank dings me $45 twice because of it.i called paypal today to have it solved and they deny any wrong doin sayin my bank screwed it up so I called my bank and they say no we did nothin wrong go after paypal for the money...wth??

Login to Me Too

Jen_nic

This just happened to me:( paid by creditcard and they took from my account.

Login to Me Too

TBoughton83
Contributor
Contributor

I SHOULD HAVE HAD MONEY TODAY....

But Paypal charged me twice...all I wanted to add was 20, then 5....

I check my account today...and it says Paypal charged me 20 twice, and 5 twice.

NOW I've been charged BY MY BANK 5 dollars for over drafting my account.

I am seriously **bleep**ing **bleep** right now, I want my **bleep**ing money back and I want to get rid of my paypal account.

This is completely unacceptable, you are plkaying games with money that isn't yours.

And if I don't get my money back, I will seek legal action....

Login to Me Too

Sudsyjr
New Community Member
Jst wondering if anyone uses eBay ... I was looking to purchse 2 items Off of eBay I put in my bids and won however the items That I bid on went through my account 3 times each per item Can anybody give me more information on how to get some Answers for the extra transactions or point me into the direction On where exactly I can get some clarity
Login to Me Too

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Unfortunately no one here has access to view user account details.  Suggest starting with eBay's customer support, you may have to also speak with PayPal's customer support.

Login to Me Too

jvc1981
Contributor
Contributor

I just called customer support for paypal..and was informed they did have an issue with double payments coming out of people's bank accounts a few days ago. But because their system only shows 1 transaction they directed me to contact my bank and open a dispute for the 2nd withdrawl.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.