Taking money out of my bank account?

Lelele
Contributor
Contributor

I cancelled the payment 2 hours after I made it and the money was still taken out of my bank account 2 days later? 

am I going to get it back? it put me into the (-) in my bank account I would rather they not do that

Am I going to have to pay a insufficeint fund fee for yous taking money out of my bank account after I cancelled the payment?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

minty1
Advisor
Advisor

Hi Lelele

When u make a payment even if u cancel it within 2 hours it cant reverse it has to go through the payment process before it can be returned back to u.

Could take up to a week

Login to Me Too

TsufakTuna
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

When you initiate a payment by funding through a bank account, Paypal credits the seller on behalf of the buyer. Paypal will try to collect those funds, up to two times if the first is declined or failed for whatever reasons. When a payment is canceled by either the seller or buyer, Paypal still has to collect those funds. In order for the full payment to be reversed properly it can take 5 - 7 business days on average.

You are responsible for all authorized transactions. You cannot stop Paypal from processing the payment because it is an automatic algorithm.

EpicBones
Contributor
Contributor

Don't buy these excuses. With today's technology cancelling the transaction that soon after, the money should have never been removed from your bank account.

I had the exact same issue (still do as PayPal thus far has refused to respond) and this in my opinion is a total scam.  Why it takes approximately three weeks to get the money back into your bank acount is absolutely asinine.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.