Refund Problem

KevinKing
Contributor
Contributor

I canceled an order which was paid using my Debit card. 

I got a letter  as follew

You've got Cash!
Hello 
This email confirms that the Pending Refund you received for $176.27 CAD from XXXXXXXXX has cleared. The funds are now reflected in your PayPal balance.

Refund Details

XXXXXXXX

However, I check my Paypal balance and I got nothing. Why?

How can I get the refund?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

If you funded the original paypal payment to the seller with a debit or credit card then it won't go back to your paypal balance.

Once marked as completed it will automatically go back to your bank account or credit card but takes up to a week to process through to the bank and a bit longer for a c.c.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

If you funded the original paypal payment to the seller with a debit or credit card then it won't go back to your paypal balance.

Once marked as completed it will automatically go back to your bank account or credit card but takes up to a week to process through to the bank and a bit longer for a c.c.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

KevinKing
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for your reply!

Login to Me Too

gladysAnt
New Community Member

I got a message saying I have a refund from a return from eBay. ..I checked my bank account. There isn' tu a refund ...what to do...

Login to Me Too

morgan2222
New Community Member

I overpaid Paypal $132.99 on Oct 3rd. Please notice in my account in Jan the amount was returned to paypal by My Fantasy Hair. Due to a call from Paypal last week saying I had not this amount (which I knew I had returned the hair and the account had been credited) I agreed to pay that amount again so no late charges would occur, until this was straightened out. I called the merchant and she agreed as well that her records showed it was returned last Januasry.  I called Paypal back (at least 6 times showing this was infact the case and asking for my money that I put up in (good fath be returned to my account)  Everyone that I have spoken with agrees that the money is due back to my account but no one says they have qualification to do that. Why not? They were qualified to accept the extra money. (I had thought that after I proved I didn't owe it, my account would be credited that amount.  Last week I spoke with a supervisor (Justin) that assured me that amount would be credited the next day to my account. I thought finally someone was going to give me my money back.  Justin even gaveme a phone number to call him the next morning (800-656-4569) I have called 5 or 6 times now but told he was not around, off that day, gone for the day, ect.
If someone could please listen to all of the recorded phone messages, you can understand my frustration.  I have an amount due on Nov 10th and would like this to be resolved. I told Justin that I was willing for that money due to me to just be put back into the account and I would pay off the payment due Nov 10th in full.
Could someone please help me resolve this issue.  It seems that I prove the amount to all paypal representatives that understand but cannot do anything about this.  I told Justin that I'm old with painful health issues that have kept me awake at night (not due to physical pain, but due to this Paypal issue)
I realize now that I should never had payed Paypal an extra amount, but I saw no problem in doing so as I trusted Paypal.
Please respond or call if any further information is needed.
The merchandise vendor is also willing to show her records to prove this as well as to speak with you on the phone.  Her name

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.