How to change payment for a transaction

harley7100
New Community Member

I made a purcahse on Ebay using Paypal. Initially I only had a bank account tied to the transaction but I don't use that account any longer and I can't recall the full bank account number. Now my transaction is pending. I already know it won't clear. I immediately wanted to rectify the issue by adding a credit card as a method of payment to my PayPal profile. I've added the credit card. Now how can I change my payment details for this transaction by cancelling the bank account transaction and have the payment immediately cleared through my credit card?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Marily
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi harley7100,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community! Smiley Happy

If you have already initiated the payment from the bank you have registered on your PayPal account, you will be unable to stop the payment request to this bank.  If there are no funds available in the bank or the bank account is closed, PayPal will be notified by the bank that there are no funds available.

You may want to contact the seller and let them know what is happening. You can wait until the transaction from the bank fails before you send a new payment using your card or send the seller a new payment from your card now because you know the bank request will fail. 

If you would like our customer support team to review these transactions, you can contact us by clicking "Contact us" on the PayPal website or through Twitter or Facebook.

We're happy to help!

- Marily

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.