Can i cancel a payment?

theKender
Contributor
Contributor
I asked a friend if i could send money owed to her by paypal. She said sure and sent me her email address so i sent the money. Next thing i know she messages me to say "oh i don't have a paypal account. I thought you were going to send a bank transfer. Can you get your money back, i don't want to open a paypal account." So, is there any way for me to cancel a paypal payment (the money came from my credit card not a paypal balance)?
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

theKender
Contributor
Contributor

and.... i found th bit where I can cancel a payment while the status is still "unclaimed" ... so I figured great, I'll do that.... but the status of the money I sent is "Completed" .... which is odd considering she doesn't have an account and could not have claimed the money.

unless there is a difference between 'sending money to a friend' and 'sending a payment for merchandise' that keeps you from being able to cancel it.

i wish paypal had an email help desk that I could message... I don't do phone calls.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.