trying to file a claim on an old purchase

redlisa
Contributor
Contributor

Hi! I can't seem to be able to figure out how to file a claim on this particular item. I can find it in my history (its from November of 2015) but when I try to open the claim, I pasted the transaction id# in the space and it opened the page that shows the details of the transaction.

At the bottom of the page, it says if you want to file a claim, go to the resolution center. So I did that, but I can't seem to go back to that date to pull the item up that I want to file the claim on.

The item was a part for my vehicle that had a limited lifetime warranty. I emailed the company, they responed immediately to send it back with the correct paperwork, which I did. Now they are dragging their feet. I've been waiting on my part, asked them when it would ship, they say it hasn't been received. I tracked it and they received it on 7/3/17. I've sent them 3 emails since then and they won't respond. I cannot wait any longer for my part. I checked them out on yelp and they have terrible ratings! Seems that not responding to emails or calls isn't just my problem. Plus others have said they aren't honoring the warranty. I'm tired of companies yanking the little guy and obviously these people do this all the time. I don't want to try contacting them anymore as I already have. I just want my money back to order another part from someone more reliable. But I just can't seem to get to where I need to be on paypal to do this. Any help?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

What is the specific purchase date for the transaction in question?

What type of dispute to you want to file?

You can't file a dispute more than 180 days after purchase.

Login to Me Too

redlisa
Contributor
Contributor

Well then, I am out of luck as this purchase was done more than 180 days ago. It's just frustrating because the item was purchased on ebay, had a lifetime warranty, paid with paypal but now they are dragging their feet on the new item being sent. Guess I'll just have to buy another one and file a complaint with the better business bureau. Thanks anyway.

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

PayPal does not enforce merchant/seller warranties.  Warranties are strictly between buyers and sellers.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.