guest checkout not working

santeerodholder
Contributor
Contributor

Putting together our online store using OpenCart.  Customers can checkout using Paypal, but Guest Checkout isn't working. It will accept all information except shipping is blank and has no options. When trying to submit payment, it comes back to the same page. There's no error message or anything.

Any ideas? Using Paypal standard.

Login to Me Too
11 REPLIES 11

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

is Paypal guest checkout available outside USA? 

Login to Me Too

snealphoto
Contributor
Contributor

YES!! I'm having the same issue -- I have 75 parents trying to purchase photos from my website and all of us are VERY frustrated!

Login to Me Too

RBTeach
Contributor
Contributor

We are having the same issue -- BUT I was able to get a test to work using Chrome instead of Safari.

In other words... the Guest Checkout definitely did NOT work using Safari, but it DID work using Chrome.

Good luck!

Login to Me Too

DalbyFarm
Contributor
Contributor

Having the same problem- but it wont work on any browser. Paypal seems clueless as to recreating the issue. Tried on Safari and Firefox with no success. Had 2 other people on different machines in different locations try it as well and it didnt work. Same problem- no error message, just jumps to top of the page.

This is a huge inconveinence. 

Login to Me Too

santeerodholder
Contributor
Contributor

Well I guess I'm going to just go with another payment processor. It's ridiculous that they can't get a fix for this.

Anyone have recommendations?

Login to Me Too

RavenSystem
Contributor
Contributor

I am having the same problem with the guest checkout - customers can enter all their card details and then when they try to confirm payment they get a message saying payment cannot be completed at this time and there is a button to return to merchant. Funnily enough this does not happen if you use the same card to buy off ebay as a guest - the payment goes straight through...

We are loosing business! I think everyoune needs to find an alternative system that works - we are looking at nochecks here in the UK as a possible working replacement for the unreliable paypal system who don't respond to your problems even when you phone them up and get 'escalated' to someone who might have an idea - trouble is they never get back to you, so you have to try going throug the reporting process again - I think they hope you will eventually give up...!

Login to Me Too

ShugharrD
Contributor
Contributor
I'm having the same exact problem. It's driving me nuts! Please share what alternative you end up using as I have no clue how to go about this. We are losing business! PAYPAL please Fix this
Login to Me Too

AndriusR
New Community Member
Just curious, what is the actual problem that you're having? My problem is that I don't see the button "Pay with Debit or Credit Card" anymore, instead it now shows "Create an Account" and forces buyers to create a PP account. I started thinking this is a recent change in PP business. Is it the same issue you're referring? Thanks.
Login to Me Too

NickPlant
New Community Member

I had the same problem, ie button giving option to "Check Out as a Guest" not presented when landing at payl.com on redirection from my site, where is was before. Fixed it by going in to Profile/My selling preferences/my business set up/Payment set up options.

This might help others, BUT I need to know when the change that caused this was made by Paypal, so I can check how many payments I've missed.

Can anyone tell me this? I've been googling but cannot find out, and swear there was nothing in an email from them to warn of this.

Thanks, Nick

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.