Wonder Woman Sweepstakes: Scam or Not

onlyeric
New Community Member

I received a Email regarding a PayPal sweepstake dealing with the upcoming Wonder Woman movie, I just wanted to make sure it's not a Scam.

Login to Me Too
19 REPLIES 19

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Why is it a PayPal responsbility?

Login to Me Too

SherriB
Contributor
Contributor
Maybe because PayPal sent me the email about it. And because 1 out of the 3 options you have to do to be entered into the contest is a PayPal thing. The other two options are for Fandango or Hulu tv.
Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Are you certain it is from PayPal and that it is not a spoofed email?

Login to Me Too

Ma53
Contributor
Contributor
Yeah I tried to do the hulu one but it didn't work.
Login to Me Too

FTS
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

No purchase required. Sending money via friends & family is free.

Login to Me Too

FTS
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

4. HOW TO ENTER:  There are two (2) ways to enter this Sweepstakes: Automatic & Mail-in Entry.  Automatic:  Eligible Participants must visit ###### to register for the Sweepstakes by logging in through the PayPal API.  Thereafter, each time an Eligible Participant makes a qualifying purchase at the Fandango website or Hulu website using PayPal as the payment method during the Promotion Period, or sends money to friends and family in the U.S. through PayPal’s gifting  flow at  ###### (limited to one send money flow entry per person per day) during the Promotion Period, the Eligible Participant will automatically receive one (1) entry in the Sweepstakes.  Purchases are subject to the exclusions and limitations listed below.  Automatic entry must be received by 11:59:59 PM PT on July 31, 2017 in order to be eligible.  Limit ten (10) automatic entries per person/email address per day.  Subsequent automatic entries submitted by the same person/email address on the same day will be void.   

Login to Me Too

FTS
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

By Mail:  To enter the Sweepstakes by U. S. Mail, hand print your name, address, city, state, ZIP code, date of birth, email address (optional) and daytime telephone number on a 3” X 5” card, and mail it, in an envelope with postage affixed, to: PayPal Wonder Woman Sweepstakes, P. O. Box 0795, Plainview, NY  11803-0795. Mail-in entries must be postmarked by July 31, 2017 and received by August 7, 2017 in order to be eligible. Enter as often as you wish; however, each mail-in entry must be mailed in a separate postmarked-and-stamped outer envelope. 

Entries that have been generated by a script, macro, bot or any other automated means will be deemed void.  Entries that are mechanically reproduced, copied, illegible, incomplete, postage due, late or inaccurate are void. Sponsor is not responsible for late, lost, incomplete illegible, damaged, postage due or misdirected entries. Incomplete entries or entries not complying with these Official Rules are subject to disqualification, at the Sponsor’s sole discretion.  Proof of mailing does not constitute proof of delivery.  Entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. Sponsor’s decisions are final on all matters relating to this Sweepstakes.   If a dispute results as to the identity of an automatic entrant, it will be determined that the entry was submitted by the authorized account holder of the PayPal account from which the entry is made.  For these purposes, the authorized account holder is the natural person assigned to the PayPal account by PayPal Inc.  The promotional Website’s database clock will be the official timekeeping device for the Sweepstakes.  If an Eligible Participant changes his/her telephone number, email address and/or street address after he/she participates in the Sweepstakes, it is his/her sole responsibility to send this change of address by (postal) mailing notice to be received by the end of the Promotion Period to the Sponsor’s address listed below.  

Login to Me Too

webenomads
Contributor
Contributor

It would be nice if PayPal (corporate) would weigh in on this question.

Login to Me Too
Solved

PayPal_Ashley

Hi everyone!

Stopping in with the Lasso of Truth on this contest! 😉 I wanted to confirm that the Wonder Woman Sweepstakes is legitimate! 😄

Further details on the sweepstakes and how to enter can be found on the PayPal Blog.

It’s always good to be cautious about suspicious looking emails and we apologize for any confusion on this promotion! For more information on identifying phishing or suspicious websites, please visit our Security page here

As always, we appreciate everyone’s efforts to keep the PayPal network safe and secure! Have a WONDERful weekend! 🙂

-Ashley

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too

Ol_hounddog
I had the PayPal wonder woman sweepstakes offer too. My issue is that you get out of the email and log on directly into paypal you can find nothing about the sweepstakes? Forcing you to only respond through the email. That is what we are always told is dangerous. Linking out of an email. Can paypal please update your user site to include links to proportions for us with out the danger of asking us to respond to email links.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.