Why am I being charged the amount I paid for something weeks ago?

JisooK7909
Contributor
Contributor

I'm being charged 139.27 for a payment I made about 2-3 weeks ago where I was scammed that money. I opened a dispute and it ultimately failed because my transaction history seemed in line so I wasn't given my money back. The dispute took longer than usual so Paypal "put" the money into my paypal balance. The thing is my account isn't verified so money couldn't be put in it. After a few days, they told me that it was in line with my transaction history and took the money back. The thing is I never had any paypal balance in the first place so now their pretty much taking money that I never got. Please help ASAP. 

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

First, you have to explain the bit about the scam.  What happened in that transaction?  How were you scammed?

It seems like you filed an unauthorized transaction on the charge and PayPal determined it was authorized so they took the money or back something.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

JisooK7909
Contributor
Contributor
I was trying to buy an online currency for a game from someone on a game forums. He told me to put money into his account so and he would give me the virtual items afterwards. After I sent the money he immediately started messing around saying he gave it to me even though he didn't. He also taunted me on how I got scammed. So I opened a dispute and everything in the original post followed.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.