Ship Another feature missing

jstjphnz
Contributor
Contributor

Two others have questioned the disappearance of this feature and the answer has been 'use multi orsder shipping'.  Well, Multi Order Shipping can't do 1st class, can't do International, and won't link a record of the 2nd shipment to the original order.

Is there some reason this feature was removed???  It's REALLY annoying when you need to correct a shipping error.

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

rgmatern
New Community Member

I used the "Ship another" feature all the time for customers' exchanges. Why did they get rid of it?! I want the second shipment tied to the original transaction for searching ease. Also, when I tried generating the label another way, I had to fill in the customer's info and address. Please bring back the "Ship another" button, Paypal!

Login to Me Too

mealworms2go
Contributor
Contributor

I don't know about "international", but in case it helps you at all, MOS does offer First Class shipping because I use it all the time.

Login to Me Too

ghoot
Contributor
Contributor

FOUND IT!  If you look at the order and click "Edit Tracking Info" it brings up the old page with "Ship another" available at the bottom.

Login to Me Too

mealworms2go
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, they have since added it back to the features, and they have also added the "add a new order" to the features on Multi-order shipping since so many of us complained about not being able to add a package to the MOS list that wasn't uploaded to the multi-order shipping tool.  They have also fixed the fact that the postage was being posted on every label even when you didn't check the box for it to do so. The only thing I can see that they have NOT fixed is the fact that you cannot change the shipping date, which is BAD because many of us create our shipping labels the day before and some customers want us to put off shipping for a day or two and the old MOS allowed us to change the shipping date to up to 3 business days later, as do all shipping label platforms.

Login to Me Too

ghoot
Contributor
Contributor

If they would have just fixed the old muti-order shipping where you could print invoices (packing slips) then I would have been happy.  Bugged them about it not working for 15 years!  Works in the new one though, even thought the new one is more clicks and loading pages than the old one.  Yeah, I'm bitter!  LOL

Login to Me Too

mealworms2go
Contributor
Contributor

I'm right there with you. 😉

Login to Me Too

CleaverGreene
New Community Member

I tried to use the multi-order shipping tool to 'ship another'. It seems there is no way to tease it into autofilling the address etc...it does not seem to respond to transaction number or customer name etc...pretty dumb, if this is the 'replacement' for 'ship another'. Ship another was very convenient for rectifying issues etc...now one has to spend another 10 minutes using this crappy tool. ...:-(.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.