Reloadable Prepaid card

AmyC1229
Contributor
Contributor

My son is living out of state.  I have a paypal account, and was going to purchase him a reloadable paypal card.  Can I transfer money from my paypal account to his Paypal prepaid card?  How quickly is the money typically available to him?

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

I think the fastest way to paypal him the money if he has a Paypal account and a debit card.

OR try Western Union.

I think the only way to reload these cards is cash ! 

someone may come along and offer some ideas

Login to Me Too

AmyC1229
Contributor
Contributor

I guess that means too that I would have to have the card with me then?  I've done the Western Union, just tired of so many fees and then he has to go get the cash.  I'd like to just be able to load a card so he can grab lunch and groceries!  Thanks for the input, I appreciate your time!

Login to Me Too

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

If he has a Paypal account,then ask him to apply for a Paypal debit card,you sent him money to his Paypal account and he can go shopping with his Paypal debit card

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

All I can say is that if your son is over 18 years old, get him the card, send it to him.  Have him register the card in his name and sign up for a PayPal account with same card owner information and link the card and PP account together.  Then PayPal him to your heart's content.  He can also do instant transfer to the prepaid card too or keep the money you sent in his PayPal balance to use online.  But he has to be over 18.  Because the reloadable PP Prepaid card don't work the way you are asking.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

can also send cash well hidden or postal order he can cash free in the post office with proper ID.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.