Refund status is it real or outdated myth?

richardparris
Contributor
Contributor

Well, the best logic I can put to this after MUCH time looking to find out Why the refund the seller gave me yesterday is NOT in my balance is that it takes 3-7 business days to clear (amount of days varies depending on which answer one comes across). BUT why all the nonsense trying to find an answer? Paypal's solutions show go to Activity, Advanced Search (which it really called "advanced filters", go to 'Refunds', Enter date range (they already have up!), select the transaction and look at the Status (AND THERE ISN'T ONE!!). All I've got is the refund showing on my Summary page in GREEN. Hello can't you tell someone what a refund amount showing in green means? If you search 'green' or any variation of what it means you get two articles on the relativistic effect of evironmental awareness! C'mon PayPal! Update your help section for those of us trying to find out what's going on so we don't have to do a Google search to find an answer when we ask the question in the 'Help" section here. FWIW the answers about the time lag in Google are From PayPal that don't show up researching under HELP there. OYE!

Login to Me Too
11 REPLIES 11

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@richardparris

Aw bless, did you think that by marking your post as the solution that I could not reply, lol.

Your reading skills are like your initial post sadly lacking.

1. I did not say i would not respond again, in fact i said i would respond however many times that I wanted to.

2. Paypals answer to ''refund not showing in my balance'' is NOT refunds take 30 days, they say ''it may take'' up to 30 days, most of mine complete in 3 days....so you are misinformed again aren't you.

So seems like you are the one that does not understand FACTS. So go away and hunt for your ''green'' answer again, that was funny.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

FTS
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

"Getting lashed out at and blamed when it's pointed out that one is wrong rather than apologize and move on has become a plague in modern culture"

Indeed. Apparently, so has hypocrisy.

You need a lesson.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.