Redirect successful donation url with entered amount

parkerstech
New Community Member

I have a hosted PayPal donation button on my site. The users enter their own price. When it's complete, I redirect them to a thank you page. I can't for the life of me figure out how to include the amount they donated in that url. I have my thank you url set in the, "Take customers to this URL when they finish checkout" part of step 3. Is there a way to pass the amount entered like, "mysite.com/thankyou.php?amount=the_amount_entered"

I want to display custom text that says, "Thank you for donating $_____". I've searched through the forums, but it doesn't seem like people are using hosted buttons, nor are they using donation buttons. Any thoughts? 

Thank you so much for any guidance!

Parker

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Snow-Cat
Advisor
Advisor

You may want to check out Instant Payment Notification (IPN) - here's a link to the documentation.  The programming is bit out of scope for this community, however, you may be able to get additional assistance from the Merchant Support Community.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.