Invalid or missing payment token fields

cj-at-openthink
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

Our client's site (https://cawaterlibrary.net/) is having payment issues. When some users try to make a payment for membership, they receive the error message "Invalid or missing payment token fields". They try to purchase this product: (https://cawaterlibrary.net/document/ca-water-library-membership/) We are using WordPress, WooCommerce, with PayPal for WooCommerce plugin by Angell EYE.

When I tested in Chrome (63) and Firefox on Mac (macOS High Sierra), I could not replicate the error. This is her message to us:

> "I tried the payment system again, and I got the same response. I was on Firefox with Windows 10, Monthly donation $10, I used my debit card in the other gateway that isn’t PayPal. I entered my information and got that same message, invalid payment tokens. Then I tried it through the PayPal gateway and then it worked.

> IMPORTANT TO NOTE … Even though the first payment through the non-PayPal gateway doesn’t seem to complete, it does go through on the PayPal side. However, I don’t think it ends up as a successful monthly transaction into the system; those donors end up listed on the WooCommerce subscriptions as pending, so something is not right there."

I opened a ticket with WooCommerce and they believe our client's "PayPal" option is PayPal Standard, which is their built-in method. However, the "Credit Card" option is created by "PayPal Website Payments Pro (DoDirectPayment)" (from PayPal for WooCommerce plugin) is failing.

Is this gateway/method of payment fully compatible with WooCommerce Subscriptions and the recurring payments feature? It also appears that this only occurs with debit cards and not credit cards.

Any help or insight would be appreciated. Let me know if you need additional information as well!

Thank you,
CJ

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

cj-at-openthink
Contributor
Contributor

After some research, customer support, and testing we discovered the issue was the PayPal for WooCommerce plugin by Angell EYE. Updating the plugin from 1.4.6.5 to 1.4.7.4 resolved the issue.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

cj-at-openthink
Contributor
Contributor

After some research, customer support, and testing we discovered the issue was the PayPal for WooCommerce plugin by Angell EYE. Updating the plugin from 1.4.6.5 to 1.4.7.4 resolved the issue.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.