PayPal Debit Card and Travel (within states)

Shanskidoodle
Contributor
Contributor

I am traveling this week and using my PayPal debit to cover hotel cost out of state.  Do I need to notify PayPal of my travel for security reasons?  I know my banks always call to verify that I am legitimately traveling and using my funds.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_AshleyP

Hi Shanskidoodle,

I appreciate you posting to our community! While you can create a travel profile, this wouldn't have any effect on the PayPal Debit Mastercard. If you plan to use your debit MasterCard while traveling, please call us at 1-888-221-1161 or email us 1-2 prior to leaving so that we can make a note on your account. 

You can create a travel profile by following these steps:

1. Go to: www.paypal.com/travelplans.
  2. Log in to your PayPal account from a trusted device, such as your home computer.
  3. Enter the dates of Travel. The trip must begin within the next 30 days and not last more than one year.
  4. Enter the countries you plan to visit.
  5. Choose a travel phone number and email address we can use to reach you while you are away.
  6. Click Save.

I hope this information helps! 🙂

-AshleyP

If you found my reply helpful, please accept it as a solution. Thanks!

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

No.

Just be aware, however, that PayPal debit card may not be as reliable as a credit card.  My guess is that a prepaid debit card would be the least reliable.

Login to Me Too

Shanskidoodle
Contributor
Contributor
It's actually not a prepaid debit but the PayPal business debit card. Is there any reason that would be an issue?
Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Do a search on the forum for reasons.  Just follow the forum for a few days and look for posts relating to debit card use.

Login to Me Too
Solved

PayPal_AshleyP

Hi Shanskidoodle,

I appreciate you posting to our community! While you can create a travel profile, this wouldn't have any effect on the PayPal Debit Mastercard. If you plan to use your debit MasterCard while traveling, please call us at 1-888-221-1161 or email us 1-2 prior to leaving so that we can make a note on your account. 

You can create a travel profile by following these steps:

1. Go to: www.paypal.com/travelplans.
  2. Log in to your PayPal account from a trusted device, such as your home computer.
  3. Enter the dates of Travel. The trip must begin within the next 30 days and not last more than one year.
  4. Enter the countries you plan to visit.
  5. Choose a travel phone number and email address we can use to reach you while you are away.
  6. Click Save.

I hope this information helps! 🙂

-AshleyP

Login to Me Too

Shanskidoodle
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you! We had no issues during our trip but I will save this for the future.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_AshleyP

You're welcome, Shanskidoodle! 🙂

-AshleyP

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.