How do I set up a donation site for my husband?

LCaho2007
New Community Member

My husband was in a motorcycle accident over Labor Day weekend and as a result, the medical bills and time off work will be detrimental to our family. I am trying to set up a donation site so that people will be able to donate funds to help if they want to but i am having a really hard time navigating the system to find out if it is even possible. Can someone please help me???

Thank you!

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Quandary
Advisor
Advisor

Yes, it's possible however, you will need a Business account - the reason - in order to use the Donation button code, a Business account is required.  In the past, PayPal offered Premier accounts as an alternative to Business accounts however, they appear to be phasing that type of account out.   You can upgrade a Personal account to a Business account.   Note, there is a fee to process each transaction or in your case a donation - 2.9% plus $.30 per transaction.   In short, if you don't have a Business account, you would need to upgrade to one - doing so will give you access to the code you need to use.  You would then create the Donation item button code, copy and paste it into your web page, people click on the button, they are taken to PayPal to make the donation (they don't need PayPal accounts to do that), PayPal processes the transaction and deposits the balance minus the fees into your PayPal account balance.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi LCaho2007,

I am so sorry to hear about the accident. I hope that he heals quickly!

For information about setting up fundraising, please check out http://www.paypal.com/fundraising. There is information there for beginning your fundraising effort.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.