Funds on hold - no reason

EN2
Contributor
Contributor

Funds are currently being held.  I have been doing business with PayPal for years, no charge backs, plenty of money in account (10X the amount being held), nothing extrordinary about the transaction (small amount), several tranactions per month. Talked with 3 people today and get nothing but gibberish.  Put on hold one time for 1:55. currently on hold for 49 minutes.  Unacceptable. any ideas?

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

nhrl
Contributor
Contributor

The Same here, 15 yrs client with excellent record! No chargebacks or problems! 

Money on hold & no one gives a valid reason! They keep sending me automated email replies! Repeating themselves over & over again! 

Have mailed the item already & was told would have funds available in 21 day!!!! ABSURD! 

Login to Me Too

sketchess
Contributor
Contributor

Me too.  I've been billing this same client weekly (sometimes more often) for YEARS and I have never had an issue.  Like all of my clients, she pays me hourly for graphic design work that I have already done and delivered so if there was any question at all she would just not pay the invoice and ask me about it so none of this makes any sense at all.  Whatever glitch they're having they need to fix it asap.  Their timing couldn't be worse with Thanksgiving right around the corner either.  Unacceptable!

Login to Me Too

westcoastmkt
Contributor
Contributor
It never happened to me in years of doing business with PayPal until I accepted a payment from a friend who billed a US Citizen with a middle eastern name for services they rendered. Not only did they freeze their account mine to and I was not the one who received the payment. Immediately PayPal started requesting confidential info from us about the sender such as their birthdate. I thought this was weird because isn’t that why people use PayPal for confidentialality. Well eventually after numerous calls convincing the sender to give me his birthdate (someone he doesn’t even know) and providing it to PayPal they released the money. Here we are a month later and again this party sent money to my friend and again PayPal froze their account and mine. When I called PayPal they said they randomly pick payments to monitor. Really twice in 40 days and the same sender. Why freeze my account I’m not the one who got the money? If this isn’t racial profiling I don’t know what is
Login to Me Too

PayPal_AshleyM

Hi everyone,

I'm very sorry to hear about the holds affecting your payments, but I'll provide any information I can to help.

You can find information on our holds here. If none of these apply to your situation specifically, it could be an issue on the specific buyer's side that's causing the issue. We may have noticed unusual activity recently, or been getting disputes or reports recently and want to ensure the transaction isn't going to be disputed. Any of these factors can affect the payment and result in it being placed on hold. 

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.