Errors in downloaded activity reports? Help!

jungleexplorer
Contributor
Contributor

I use Quickbooks and I download my activity from PP in IIF format to import into quickbooks.  After I did this, this time, the balance showing in Quickbooks was way off from what is showing in my Paypal account.  So I downloaded all of my activity since 01/01/2016 in CVS format and went through it item by item verifying enteries in Quickbooks against the report I downloade CVS file.  Everything thing lined up even the final balance.  HUH?....  Yep you read that write.  The final balance in the download report is not agreeing with what paypal is saying my balance is on the summery page.  

Something is worng here with the paypal system.  The report (I downloaded from payapal) says I my final balance is $390.70, but the paypal summery page says my Balance is $165.68.  I have gone through it several times.  The paypal numbers do not line up with each other. 

I don't know what to do?  There is a discrepancy of $225.02 here between what the Paypal summery page says my blanace is, and the downloaded report says my balance is.  What is going on here?  HELP!!!!!

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

AmerikanBodyArt
Contributor
Contributor

I wish I could give you an answer to what the problem could be for sure, but I can tell you that I have had SERIOUS discrepancies when downloading paypal information into quickbooks.  I didn't notice it for a couple of years because I had a bookkeeper and the numbers seemed about right to me.  But when I went to do my taxes the third year, the numbers seemed WAY off and had me owing about $10,000 more in taxes than I had anticipated.  I had to go through the transactions line by line for the entire year and ended up with the numbers being where I thought they should have been.  Over the course of the year, this was about a $40,000 discrepancy.  We sort of figured out that the way that paypal names certain transactions, did not mesh with how quickbooks understood them and they were not downloaded into the correct accounts.  

You might try making sure that there is not an item missing from your quickbooks accounts that is not showing on your summary, or vice versa....like paypal fees or refunds.  

Login to Me Too

jungleexplorer
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks for the response, but I think you misunderstood me. I am not saying that is a discrepancy after I Import into Quickbooks. I am say data is in conflict BEFORE I import it. The discrepancy is on PayPal's own site. On the Summery page says my balance is $165. On the Activity page it say my balance is $290. I fouND several calculation errors in the downloaded report. In some cases paypal completely failed to deduct a completed debit from the balance. This is what is throwing the balances off.
Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Go to the user agreement and look up the section that discusses errors and follow the guidelines there.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

jungleexplorer
Contributor
Contributor

The user ageement says nothing about the issue I am talking about.  At least that I can find.  If you think it does, please be so kind as to copy and paste the portion you think applies to my problem.  I would really appreciate.  But, before you do so, please carefully read the nature of the problem I am having and make sure you are clear on what it is.  You would not be the first to misunderstand what I am saying. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.