Dispute questions.

CJGarrison
Contributor
Contributor

I received a loan through paypal, send through goods and services, because the lender can then dispute if I don't pay it back in time. I spoke with paypal today because there is a hold on my funds. If the person who sent it to me confirms they received their goods/services can they still dispute later? they are hesitant to confirm because they want to still be able to dispute.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@CJGarrison wrote:

I received a loan through paypal, send through goods and services, because the lender can then dispute if I don't pay it back in time. I spoke with paypal today because there is a hold on my funds. If the person who sent it to me confirms they received their goods/services can they still dispute later? they are hesitant to confirm because they want to still be able to dispute.

They can certainly file a dispute, but whether they'd win is 50/50 % chance.  If they do not win PP dispute and funded the payment with their credit card, they may chargeback.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@CJGarrison wrote:

They can certainly file a dispute, but whether they'd win is 50/50 % chance.  If they do not win PP dispute and funded the payment with their credit card, they may chargeback.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

If someone sent you money as goods/services it means you are expected to ship some goods.  If you don't include an online tracking number, the recipient can claim non-receipt and win.

It seems some details were missing from the oriiginal post?  What do goods/services have to do with a loan from PayPal?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.