Direct deposit

ek1
Contributor
Contributor
I have Direct deposit at my bank do that Allow me to overdraft on my PayPal debit card in if so how and where
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

ek1
Contributor
Contributor
Okay do I need money in my bank Account even tho it's direct deposit to ,overdraft and What is the stipulation on over drafting in that case

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

What? If you are asking whether you can add a bank to cover overdrafts on your PayPal debit card (non-prepaid), you can.

Just follow this link and there should be a black bar under the menu to add a back up funding source:

https://www.paypal.com/myaccount/debit-card/summary

The bank account must be added to your PayPal account first to be on the selection list on the right.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too
Solved

ek1
Contributor
Contributor
Okay do I need money in my bank Account even tho it's direct deposit to ,overdraft and What is the stipulation on over drafting in that case
Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

if you use the Paypal business debit card to buy,if there is not enough fund in your paypal account,it will go after your bank account,if not enough in your bank account,then the transaction will decline.

it is between you and your bank with overdraft protection.

Login to Me Too

ek1
Contributor
Contributor
So I Guess is safe to say it don't work my bank card does. More but it says on pay pal you are able to overdraft 400 and spend 30000 but it don't say first you have to have 400 in your bank at the time if so I could spend my own money with my bank card they not really doing me no Favorite Even though I have direct deposit
Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Oh, so you mean if your bank account have no money then you charge over 400 or 30,000 on the card and just because you have direct deposit with your bank your paycheck, PayPal should approve your charges?

Just use your bank card.  PayPal is not going to approve that.  To help avoid declines, make sure your back up payment source is in good standing.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.