Concerning Depot Groups, wrong PC battery sent, returned battery sent back.

Kabtrader
New Community Member

Concerning Depot Groups, I received wrong PC battery, went through PayPal resolution for exchange or refund.  After a battle a resolution was made to send it back for refund.  The address to send it to was in Richmond, British Columbia, Canada, which seemed highly unsual and expensive, $15.50 Postage.  So sent it on March 8th and now May 30 have received it back; reason MOVED UNKNOWN.  SO FAR POSTAGE COSTS MORE THAN THE BATTERY.  This procedure taking so much time pushed it past PAYPAL time line and they consider it CLOSED.  I would like complete reinbursement and the extra postage

for sending it BACK TO A BOGUS DESTINATION.  Depot Groups uses the PayPal logo and guarantee to satisfaction.  This does not seem to be correct.

Would appreciate any help on this. Thank you

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

If Depot Groups guantees satisfaction then you need to take that up with Depot Groups.  PayPal does not act as an enforce of seller policies.  PayPal, however, will enforce it's own published policies such as buyer paying return shipping and shipping item to address desigated by PayPal.  Even then you would only receive a refund for the purchase price.

There are risk to internet purchases and you have the responsibility to research the seller and be confident in the stated policies of the seller.  You can always phone a seller in advance if you are unsure of policies.  When it doubt, find a different seller.

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

The case is now closed,if you have used your credit card,then file a chargeback and tell your cc issuer attempt to return failed.

You will get your initial payment back,but no one is going to compensate you for return shipping,in the future,be aware when buying from overseas sellers,you have to return the item on your dime.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.