Can't send money to my other account.

Lean06
Contributor
Contributor

I am pretty new to paypal. I work from home and the company I am working for pays through paypal. I created a business account as I thought that you can only recieve money with a business account ( I know pretty dumb of me). SO I created a new apersonal account and I wish transfer all my money from my this account to my personal account, however everytime I try to transfer money I keep getting "Sorry we cant send your payment right now." I even tried requesting payment from my personal to this account and I still get the same message. Is there any reason why this is happening? What are the solutions for this?  This account is verified, but not linked to a bank, could that be the reason?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

dwiese12
Contributor
Contributor

There is a secret security restriction on your account the agents can't see - they will swear to you there isn't; there is. They can only see that you've hit the "security model" and tell you to wait. You can ask them if the system will allow you to run through the public records verification questions, but sometimes it wont allow it. If you're trying to use your balance, it means there is something potentially wrong with where the money came from. The system is keeping it there in case a refund or chargeback needs to be processed. If it's your card, try following the directions on https://www.paypal.com/us/selfhelp/article/how-do-i-confirm-my-credit-or-debit-card-faq1565 to verify the card, and then try to make the payment. Aside from that, try sending $1.00 to anyone - if it blocks that, you know you've got the restriction. Also, last effort is to call and request the limitations department add and remove a limitation in order to get the security system to recognize you're a real person. 

If it's paypal credit you're using, you'll have to close it and open a new account. System has already decided the account will never be used. Otherwise, that money will be there for awhile. I think rather than going right to the limitation, the sytem limits all other activity forcing you to add more personal information. If the system also won't let you withdraw the money, you can request a forced withdrawl to your bank through the limtations department. After several weeks of waiting and holding on for the system to reset and agent finally told me what the model was designed to do, and that its been super hyperactive (for 3 years? i'm sure) so they were able to do that. Otherwise, good luck - you will not get a much better answer than this from paypal. 

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

You'll need to use an intermediary account such as a bank account.

Login to Me Too

Lean06
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the advice, but is there no other workaround for this? the reason why I haven't linked this account to my personal bank account is because this is a business account, and the bank might reject the withrawal. I read somewhere that the business name and my account name in my bank (which is my full name) must be the same. I don't know maybe I'll try it if it doesn't work maybe I'll have to call customer service. 😞

Login to Me Too
Solved

dwiese12
Contributor
Contributor

There is a secret security restriction on your account the agents can't see - they will swear to you there isn't; there is. They can only see that you've hit the "security model" and tell you to wait. You can ask them if the system will allow you to run through the public records verification questions, but sometimes it wont allow it. If you're trying to use your balance, it means there is something potentially wrong with where the money came from. The system is keeping it there in case a refund or chargeback needs to be processed. If it's your card, try following the directions on https://www.paypal.com/us/selfhelp/article/how-do-i-confirm-my-credit-or-debit-card-faq1565 to verify the card, and then try to make the payment. Aside from that, try sending $1.00 to anyone - if it blocks that, you know you've got the restriction. Also, last effort is to call and request the limitations department add and remove a limitation in order to get the security system to recognize you're a real person. 

If it's paypal credit you're using, you'll have to close it and open a new account. System has already decided the account will never be used. Otherwise, that money will be there for awhile. I think rather than going right to the limitation, the sytem limits all other activity forcing you to add more personal information. If the system also won't let you withdraw the money, you can request a forced withdrawl to your bank through the limtations department. After several weeks of waiting and holding on for the system to reset and agent finally told me what the model was designed to do, and that its been super hyperactive (for 3 years? i'm sure) so they were able to do that. Otherwise, good luck - you will not get a much better answer than this from paypal. 

Login to Me Too

Lean06
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for the great advice. For some reason, I was able transfer my funds to my other account earlier, but the funds are on hold for 24 hours for security purposes, well at least I can get this problem out of my head now.

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

I suspect the security issues will extend well beyond 24 hours.  It appears that something raised a suspicious security alert.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.