Can't Change My Business Name;

nannerchu
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, 
I'm having the worst luck with changing my business name. I create digital art, mainly character designs at the moment. At the time I was unsure of myself, but since then I've actually realized that I might can do this. However, because of being unsure of myself I didn't put much thought into my business name, and because I'm hoping to move toward selling physical items I would like to have a name that wasn't made in the spur of the moment.

When I follow the steps though, even clicking the links left here to where I'm supposed to go it wants me to change my name, and not my business. I tried contacting Paypal but they simply sent me an automated email about changing my address. Not what I wanted.

Any help would be appreciated. 

Login to Me Too
11 REPLIES 11

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

I think that is correct, that PayPal no longer allows a non-registered business name, at least when a change is to be made.

Login to Me Too

Vespucci
Contributor
Contributor
Okay so what options are there then to avoid sending a clientele an email with my real name attached to it (I.e.: "John Doe") on emails, pay statements and so forth for us none registered business? I really don't want to share my birth name to commissioners when I start selling a crafts and artwork online.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.