Buyer issued a refund but cancelled it

mannychu
Contributor
Contributor

Hi all,

I purchased a product from a seller, but then he started to postpone shipping the item, making excuses, saying the post office was closed, stuff like that. I asked for a refund and he did, but after a few days or so, he cancelled the refund. I opened \up a dispute with PayPal, but they ruled it in his favor. I have tried contacting PayPal by making a claim and reopening an identical dispute, but they are slow in response and not doing much to help. What are my possible options/next steps in getting my money back?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

I don't understand filing a dispute for credit not processed.

You should have filed a dispute for item not received.

The only chance you have is a phone call to PayPal support to find out if there is anything that can be done. You normally only get on chance for a dispute and you were way off with yours.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

A seller can't cancel a refund which the seller processed.

You need to explain what really happened.

Login to Me Too

mannychu
Contributor
Contributor

So he issued a refund, but I never received it. In my activity history it states that the refund was cancelled and there is a line through the amount which supposed to be refunded.

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

It would be PayPal, then, that cancelled the refund, not the seller.

What dispute did you open with PayPal?  Was this before or after the refund was intitiated?

How did you Pay?

Does tracking show delivered?

Login to Me Too

mannychu
Contributor
Contributor

After I noticed the refund was cancelled, I opened up a case with paypal as credit not processed, but PayPal ruled it in the seller's favor, I have no idea why. I payed with my PayPal balance as I had money in it, and there was no tracking information because he never got around to sending the product.

I also tried to dispute the case, and got some generic responses from the PayPal team. They said they would take a look at the case again but they never got back to me. So I am wondering if there is anything else I can do on my part to try and get my money back.

Login to Me Too
Solved

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

I don't understand filing a dispute for credit not processed.

You should have filed a dispute for item not received.

The only chance you have is a phone call to PayPal support to find out if there is anything that can be done. You normally only get on chance for a dispute and you were way off with yours.

Login to Me Too

mannychu
Contributor
Contributor

Ah, I see... that was my mistake then. I'll call them and see what they can do. Thank you for taking the time to help, it's greatly appreciated.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.