Am I convered under unauthorised payment?

GeorgePF
Contributor
Contributor
So on eBay, someone used my account to buy something, it wasn't authorised so it was a scam basically. EBay closed the case in my favour then decided not too give me a refund and reverse the case decision, they told me to contact PayPal for a refund. PayPals T&C's say this under "unauthorised use of your account" "You are not liable for unauthorised use of your account" so I'm guessing that means I am covered? The lady on the phone was very helpful and reassuring but I do have my doubt. £508.95 came out my account, it apparently didn't go to the seller and it's floating around somewhere and apparently I don't have the right to get it back according to eBay. Any help would be appreciated.
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

torrey802
Contributor
Contributor
I am having similar problem, help him and you'll help me too!

I had unauthorized order for digital goods and filed an unauthorized transaction report. Funds got funded to my card but now my paypal balance is negative!
Login to Me Too

GeorgePF
Contributor
Contributor
As soon as I sent this I got a refund within 10 mins. You should be fine.
Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Go to your PayPal transaction detail and file a dispute for unauthorized transaction.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.