Unauthorized transaction dispute.

temp-ap112
Contributor
Contributor

I had my identity, wallet, cell phone, paypal and paypal business mastercard taken from me against my will. The attackers, there were three, used threatening and forceful language in an attempt to get me to hand over anything of value. I did so, afraid I'd be physically attacked or harmed if I did not coooperate. When they had my cell phone, they requested the passcode for it, and then after thumbing through my wallet, they wanted my debit card pin numbers. Rather than find myself getting full of stab wounds, I gave into their requests.

Paypal states I don't have a case for the fraudulent transactions that occured after I lost posession of my Paypal debit mastercard and paypal account because I willingly handed over everything, or did so under duress. This means to paypal that I authorized someone other than me to use my Paypal accounts. In order to have a valid case, I would have had to fight and argue with the attackers, resisted their threats and requests, and after I lay dead or nearly dead on the ground, then I would have a case, because at that point, I would not have willingly given my items to the attackers, they would have physically taken it from me.

Here is the response I received from PP.

--

The main reason we can not honor these claims is because under MasterCard's guidelines we do not have a valid dispute right when the cardholder provides the card and pin information to anyone under duress. At anytime that the cardholder gives this information out they are authorizing that person to use the card and are accepting any and all charges.

--

Do I have any recourse?

Login to Me Too
11 REPLIES 11

Looks like I angered the paypal gods. Ho hum.

http://i.imgur.com/bKkSx5q.png

Login to Me Too

Seems Mastercard is on my side, however..

Thank you for contacting Ask MasterCard.

We are sorry to hear about your situation. As a MasterCard cardholder have peace of mind knowing that the financial institution that issued your MasterCard won't hold you responsible for "unauthorized transactions." Zero liability applies to your purchases made in the store, over the telephone, online, or via a mobile device and ATM transactions. As a cardholder, you will not be held responsible for unauthorized transactions.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.