SS Number to EIN

c-its
Contributor
Contributor

While I looked at the items in the communtiy before, I wanted to know if I add an EIN number for my business can I remove my SS# from the account?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

PayPal seems not to offer the LLC as a choice, what you need to do is pick sole proprietor, ironic but, it works.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Assuming you have a Business Account, the EIN should work.  It did for us.  We never added a SS Num, just the EIN.  Just ensure that you have a bank account and credit card linked and confirmed and all of your address info matches.  That's what we did, have not had any issues.

Login to Me Too

c-its
Contributor
Contributor

Ok, but here is my question, we opened a business account using out SS# as it was as a Sole-proprietor but now we have formed an LLC and have an EIN number and would like to change the account to remove the SS# and only have the EIN.  Are we going to have to close this account and create a new one?

Login to Me Too

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

We were a Sole Proprietor, then changed to an LLC.  Since we also changed our business name, we had to change everything, i.e. bank account, credit card, email addresses, etc.  What we did was close our old account and opened a new one.  It was just easier.  Everything went smooth, was able to setup the new account in 5 days.  Had to wait for the the bank account and credit card confirmations, once that was complete, we were done and up and running and back online selling stuff.

Login to Me Too

c-its
Contributor
Contributor

Sounds good, that is most likely what we will do as well.  But the only other thing I say, that it does not list LLC in the type options for a business.  Which one did you choose.  This is a husband/wife LLC based in Texas, and under IRS rules, is considred a qualified joint venture, which allows us to report on our individual taxes as Sole-Pro's, but we have a EIN number for banking and business purposes.

Login to Me Too
Solved

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

PayPal seems not to offer the LLC as a choice, what you need to do is pick sole proprietor, ironic but, it works.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.