QR Code GiveMobiley attached to my paypal account

arcnfl
Contributor
Contributor

we are a non profit and started using an app Givemobiley.org that was set up to donate into our paypal account. They seem to have dropped off the face of the earth back in October? No way to change our data in this QR Code bar and it is on a few pages and printed documents. How do we know if it is still connected to Paypal?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

OK now we're getting somewhere.  You first need to understand how the code works.  Basically what they probably did was create a text or hyperlink version of the button code.  The code has your PayPal account email address in it.  The code was then converted to a QR Bar Code.  Very easy to do.  When some one scans the Bar Code, they get the button code link, they can then click on the link and get sent to PayPal to make the donation.  Everything with PayPal is based on your account email address, that how PayPal knows who's account the funds go to.

The QR code is still OK to use however, since you're not dealing with this organization any more, you should simply start over.  You would still get donations from anyone who uses the old QR code.  Last, PayPal does not offer QR codes.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

It would still be associated with you account.  The QR code contains the button code or link to your account, that information would not change unless it was recreated and reprinted.

Login to Me Too

arcnfl
Contributor
Contributor

I have searched our paypal button store and can not find anything associated with this code.

the last time it was used successfully was in December.

How can we add / change information on this link?

Login to Me Too

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

If you created the button code using the online button creator and saved it.  Simply delete the code from your Saved Buttons.  Then the code imbedded in the QR Bar Code is no longer valid.  Then you simply start over.  If the button code was not saved to My Saved Buttons, then the code imbedded in the QR Bar Code is still good.   Only way you could change that would be to generate a new imbedded QR Code.

Login to Me Too

arcnfl
Contributor
Contributor

that is just it, we did not create the shopping button, Givemobiley did when they made the QR code for us and dozens of other non profits last year. So it must be stored somewhere else, could easily be transfered to anyone account????  All I want to find out is if this QR code is still safe to use or should we abandon it and start all over??  Does Paypal have QR codes?

Login to Me Too
Solved

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

OK now we're getting somewhere.  You first need to understand how the code works.  Basically what they probably did was create a text or hyperlink version of the button code.  The code has your PayPal account email address in it.  The code was then converted to a QR Bar Code.  Very easy to do.  When some one scans the Bar Code, they get the button code link, they can then click on the link and get sent to PayPal to make the donation.  Everything with PayPal is based on your account email address, that how PayPal knows who's account the funds go to.

The QR code is still OK to use however, since you're not dealing with this organization any more, you should simply start over.  You would still get donations from anyone who uses the old QR code.  Last, PayPal does not offer QR codes.

Login to Me Too

sheldon_rhodes
New Community Member

I too have a non-profit. I made a QR code that works perfect and takes people to a donation page where they can fill in the amount they want to donate and then pay using Pay Pal or a card. Now all I need to do is find people who want to donate lots of money. OK, maybe just a little money. What about somone other than myself donating anything at all? But it is cool and does work. Ya, I was kind of in hopes that Pay Pal had QR codes but it was easy enough to make so it's no big deal. Thanks Pay Pal for being there to help us small guys out.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.