PayPal Excel Invoice - Can It Be Used In OpenOffice

seocomsale
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I tried to download the PayPal Excel Invoice template and it says instalation complete. I do not have Excel 2007 or 2010, but I do have Openoffice Calc which is supposed to be able to work with Excel 2007 templates. After doing a search of my computer, I cannot find any Excel templates to open. Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Stan...

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

When you download the invoice tool, the file that is downloaded is the installer (excelinvoice.exe).  You first run the installer, it then sets up Visual Studio and then installs an addin (paypalinvoicer.vsto).  When finished, the template name is PayPal Enabled Invoice.xltm and if using Windows 7, the file can be found in C:\Users\ user name \AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Templates.  If using XP, the location is C:\Documents and Settings\ user name \Application Data\Microsoft\Templates.

Login to Me Too

seocomsale
Contributor
Contributor

Well Snoeshoe, thanks again for another quick reply to another question of mine. The only file I can find that you describe is paypalinvoicer.vsto and that is sitting in my temporary internet folder. There are no .xltm files anywhere on my machine. The only file in my Microsoft\Templates folder is Normal.dot for MS Word...

I don't know if the installer first checks for a valid installation of Excel 2007 or 2010, or what, but it does not install the Invoice Template anywhere. There is a new file (credentials.store) in a new folder (PayPalize) that was installed when I tried the first installation earlier, but like I said, no template anywhere...

Thanks,

Stan...

Login to Me Too

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

I'm thinking part of the process is looking for Office and/or Excel first as there seems to be several things going on before the actual template gets downloaded.  Once everything is installed, you see a Tab called PayPal Invoicing added to your Excel toolbar.  All you do is then select or click on that Tab and another screen appears where you can load a new blank invoice.  As the process is an addin, you're not just selecting a template to use, everything now is integrated into your Excel application.

Login to Me Too

seocomsale
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks again for your helpful information. It appears that this will not work with the latest OpenOffice Calc or the older version of Excel (2000) that I am trying to transition away from because of other technical limitations. Too bad PayPal does not see fit to offer this invoicing enhancement to those of us that are outside of the "latest and greatest" Microsoft world. Hopefully someone in PayPal programming will read this and take this under future consideration...Stan...

Login to Me Too

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.