Now I have to log in twice & fill in captcha!

Foxprints
Contributor
Contributor

As if the logging in twice issue wasn't annoying enough, no I have this captcha code almost every time I have to log in, what's going on?

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

spiyda
Contributor
Contributor

Yes,     suddenly a Captcha has appeared on the log-in page...

It took me at least 6 tries to get the code....

what is going on ?

I don't remember any notification....

at first I thought it was some kind of phishing scam as I logged on from the link in a sold item email, as soon as I saw it I thought it was a fake page..  so I used a permanent link I use to log on ..  and it was still there...

does this mean paypal have had some kind of brute force attack ?

its really irritating.. 

the odd thing is,   its not on the mobile log on page, just wehn using the desktop browser.

Login to Me Too

drengskap
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, it's bloody annoying. As if it wasn't aggravating enough being logged out every 5 minutes, I also now have to log in twice and solve a CAPTCHA. Anyone know how to complain to PayPal directly about this? They keep their contact info well hidden.

Login to Me Too

Labeshops
Contributor
Contributor

I agree - I hate the thing too. I've stopped using many websites that required captcha and glad to know i'm not the only one who never gets their code right the first time 😞

Login to Me Too

4Crawler
Contributor
Contributor

Same here, what a total PITA.  On top of that, I need to login at least two times in a  row, same username/passwored each time and then I have to select whether I want to then log out or go to my account???  Then throw in a captcha or two, it makes using Paypal a horrible ordeal.  What the heck are they trying to do, drive away all their fee paying merchants?

Login to Me Too

Doggirlseattle
Contributor
Contributor

Yep, me too. 

Started around a week ago. I go to the main PayPal screen, click 'login' in the upper right corner, get to what appears to be a main login page with just a username and password box, type in both of those things, then come to a SECOND login page with username, password AND captcha. Have to type everything all over again, and 50% of the time the captcha doesn't 'take', for reasons that I don't understand. I don't autosave any of these fields for security reasons, so this becomes a real PITA. 

I've had plenty of reasons to want to cease being a customer of PayPal over the years, but nothing has driven me to spend time looking for alternatives like this problem has. 

I emailed PayPal about the issue and they replied with an entirely unhelpful reply about how to log in that had nothing to do with my issue. 

So what next? 

Is this a coding issue on their end? I haven't changed anything on my end (same browser, same IP, same computer, same everything).

Login to Me Too

Foxprints
Contributor
Contributor

Call & complain loudly, email just gets an automated reply based on the "type of issue" you selected from their very narrow choices. They don't pay attention to email or forum complaints, call them.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.