DISAPPOINTED ETSY SELLER

DAPHNE1
Contributor
Contributor

I AM AN ESTABLISHED ETSY SELLER WHO JUST OPENED A BUSINESS ACCOUNT WITH PAYPAL TO SEPARATE ALL MY BUSINESS SALES FROM MY PERSONAL PURCHASES. I WAS TOLD MY HOLDS WOULD BE LIFTED ON MARCH 6TH, 2015, BUT THEY ARE STILL HOLDING MY MONEY. I CANNOT GET ANYWHERE WITH CUSTOMER SERVICE, I THINK THEY HAVE MY NUMBER FLAGGED. WHO DO I GO TO, BESIDES THE CALL CENTER IN INDIA, TO GET SOME HELP? I HAVE ALREADY DISABLED ALL OF MY SHOPS FROM ACCEPTING PAYPAL, I DO NOT WANT THEM KEEPING ANYMORE OF MY MONEY, BUT I DO NOT WANT TO CHEAT MYSELF OUT OF ANOTHER INCOME SOURCE.

THANKS

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor

If your account has been placed with a funding hold then it's probably a rolling hold.  Each payment you receive could be held 7 days, 14 days, 21 days, etc.  There are a lot of variables involved when PayPal vets your account to decide what holding limits you'll get, if any.  This would be for each individual payment, so if you receive a payment today those funds may become available within a week, for example, but then a payment you receive 2 days from now still wouldn't be available until a week from that time has passed.

Brand new accounts often have to go through this.  Just make sure you enter tracking details for all your shipments into the PayPal system so that deliver notification is available.  This can help get funds released more quickly.

After your account has been in good standing for a period of time (though, they won't really say how long) they will eventually lift the limitations from your account.

Angell EYE - www.angelleye.com
PayPal Partner and Certified Developer - Kudos are Greatly Appreciated!
Login to Me Too

DAPHNE1
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you, but I understand all of their blanket restrictions, which seem very unfair. There should be a process for established sellers verses new sellers that they can prove their good standing and not have to worry about when they decide to release money.

I appreciate you response. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.