Common Issue when customer Say "Item not as Described and ask refund or File Claim "

Thecostumes
Contributor
Contributor

Please give us your opinions on this topic and we don't want our innocent buyers to suffer because of these thiefs who says product not as described. 

We sell only quality as we take pride in selling Made in USA costumes with superior quality fabric.  But still customer says not as described and want 50% off on order because they paid expedite shipping. 

Let me give one example here 

Customer Name "A"  - Bought a Costume  which is made in USA with superior quality fabric. and even the price of costume was only $39.99

Customer "A" paid $29.99 for shipping to expedite the order. 

Now the whole amount paid by customer is $39.99 + $29.99 = 69.98

Now customer filed a dispute against us by saying " Item not as Described" and want $35 off on Order ?

Will any of you agree when you are 101% sure that you shipped the right costume and best quality. 

We need business and care for our reputation, hence as an online seller would never sell poor quality costume because it's easy to just give one false negative feedback and we are gone. 

Please all opinions are welcome and we need a solution which not only favor buyer but seller too and we can just quit these silent thieves who called themselves legitimate buyers.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Thecostumes

You either agree and send them a refund OR

you let them file a dispute when paypal will tell them to return the item back to you first before you have to refund.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

if this is a transaction on your own website,I would just ask them to return the item and refund the costume $$ .

but not original shipping/

if they file on Paypal,you have to refund costume plus original shipping but not return shipping.

If this is a domestic  Ebay transaction,you would have to send them a return label,and it will be charged to your Ebay seller account.

If it is a foreign Ebay transaction,Ebay expect you to pick up return shipping but it will be hard to enforce.

Giving partial refund is not a good policy.,but then it is up to you.

Try to keep buyer away from filing with Ebay or Paypal,

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.