Cannot Print Shipping Labels. HELP!!!!!!!

jimbotuna
Contributor
Contributor

No one has been able to print a shipping label through PayPal since yesterday afternoon. Tried everything, and still won't work. The Community Forums on ebay have many posts about this same problem, so it needs to be fixed asap.

Login to Me Too
37 REPLIES 37

FireSpirit
Contributor
Contributor

@Archelo wrote:

This is ridiculous!!!! Im having all the same issues and I will NOT be forced to use Chrome. What a crock of BLEEP!!!!

Just to let you know in case you didn't read my post earlier, You don't have to use another browser. I didn't want to, either, so decided to try out PayPal multi-order shipping (which I normally only use once in a while). You can import your orders in multi-order shipping straight from your summary page & print them out there! That's a lot better than having to change things around on your computer or getting a new browser that you don't want! Hope this helps & I really hope PayPal will get on the ball & do something about this problem! 😞

Login to Me Too

BILL10710
Contributor
Contributor

I have had the same problem since yesterday (11/9/14).  Before that, everything was OK.  I use USPS/Pay Pal labels.  Now when I try to print any labels, it doesn't even open to enable me to try to print it.  It says "Please wait......Processing."  I wait and wait and then try again until I am forced to void the transaction and request a refund.  I am using a new Dell computer. I tried re-starting my computer and I checked that the Pop-Up Blocker is turned off.  I did see the area in my Pay Pal account for Milti Shipments.  I do not know how to transfer my shipping information to that area, so I could not use it.  I do not have Google Chrome, but I may download that next.

I have only 6 small packages to ship but I would like to avoid the expense and time to prepare the packages manually. 

Login to Me Too

FireSpirit
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Bill,

Hope I can help. This problem with trying to print out shipping labels has been going on for over 2 wks. now & hopefully, PayPal will get the message & fix it eventually. 

In the meantime, if you'll look on the left side of your summary page, you'll see "multi-order shipping". Click on that & it will take you to the multi-order shipping page. When you get there, a box will pop up that says, "Getting Started". In the box, you'll see,  "import" or "create". If you click on "import", it will import all your orders that need shipping labels from your summary page for you automatically. Then you can print them out right on that page. All your commands are at the top of the page. There's also an import button at the top of the page, as well as "edit", "history", etc. It's a little different than printing them out from the summary page, but you should be able to figure it out once you get there. It's better than having to keep getting new browsers or making other changes to your computer that you don't want....

Good Luck! 🙂

@BILL10710 wrote:

I have had the same problem since yesterday (11/9/14).  Before that, everything was OK.  I use USPS/Pay Pal labels.  Now when I try to print any labels, it doesn't even open to enable me to try to print it.  It says "Please wait......Processing."  I wait and wait and then try again until I am forced to void the transaction and request a refund.  I am using a new Dell computer. I tried re-starting my computer and I checked that the Pop-Up Blocker is turned off.  I did see the area in my Pay Pal account for Milti Shipments.  I do not know how to transfer my shipping information to that area, so I could not use it.  I do not have Google Chrome, but I may download that next.

I have only 6 small packages to ship but I would like to avoid the expense and time to prepare the packages manually. 

Login to Me Too

BILL10710
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the information.  However, I am using Pay Pal labels for sales on LISTIA.  Can this system be used for LISTIA shipments?   As I stated above, I just downloaded Google Crome and after some difficulty I actually printed a label that I tried to print last night.  I have been printing Pay Pal labels for about two years.  My system is kind of crude but it gets the job done.  I always print 1 label at a time, but I don't have a lot of sales anyway.  I have learned that I have to wait about 10 minutes between labels and the very long link has to be at the top of the page - not the short Pay Pal link.  Recently, I learned to print more than 1 label by closing the current label and pressing the BACK arrow 3 times.  That brings me back to the sign in page and I can then print  a 2nd and 3rd label.  I said that it is crude.  I hope to eventually discover how to print multiple labels from Listia.  I have no problem printing Ebay labels - they always print. Thanks for your help.  Bill

Login to Me Too

FireSpirit
Contributor
Contributor

If you normally print your shipping labels for your sales on Listia at PayPal, you should be able to print them on the multi-order shipping page just the same as you did from your summary page. I sometimes use the multi-order shipping just to print one label when people pay me using another form of payment other than PayPal (such as direct deposit or a chg. card). You're still using PayPal shipping labels & it still comes out of your PayPal acct. just the same as if you printed them from your summary page.

I'd never tried to import orders in multi-order shipping until I started having this problem with my shipping labels not printing out. Like everyone else has been saying, this problem just started in the past few wks. & I get charged for a label, but never get one, then have to void the label & wait for the refund! All I get is the blank white page that says, "please wait.....processing". That's as far as it gets. Other people kept saying stuff about changing browsers, updating java, etc., etc., but I didn't want to change browsers. I use Firefox because I learned a long time ago that it's safer than the other browsers. They'd also warned against the latest Java updates saying they were a security risk.

Since I had used multi-order shipping in the past, I thought about trying it just to see whether it would still print out my labels when I couldn't get them to print from my summary page like usual. Then I thought, I'm going to click on import orders & just see what it does (I knew I could always cancel if it did something I didn't want to go through with)....that's when I found out that it actually imports all orders from my summary page that needed to have shipping labels printed! And I had no trouble printing the labels at all, plus I could print more than one at a time! So, I thought I'd post the info here just in case someone else wanted to print their labels without having to go through all that other stuff of changing browsers, etc. You can print only the one label if that's all you have.

You sound like you're having to go through a lot of trouble just to print out one label, that you shouldn't have to be going through! I've been with PayPal for around 8 yrs. or so & never had as many problems over the yrs. as I have the past few mo., since they started changing things around to accomodate people shopping on cell phones! For some time, I couldn't even sign in & get to my PayPal acct.!!! It would get stuck on the sign in page, then do something similar to what it's doing now with the shipping labels......just keep saying to wait, it was signing in....but it never would! Finally, I tried hitting my backspace & enter & found out I could sign in that way!!! PayPal's technical team needs to get on the ball & get these things fixed! And they should not be changing things until they check them out to see whether the changes are going to cause problems like we're going through now! I believe in the old adage, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it!". 😄

Login to Me Too

BILL10710
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the information.  Yesterday I downloaded Google Chrome and I was able to doo all of my Pay Pal labels.  I did try to post the open shipments from the Summary Page on Pay Pal, but it did not transfer.  I will try that again in the future.

Login to Me Too

FireSpirit
Contributor
Contributor

You're very welcome! 🙂 I'm just glad you were able to get them printed out (whichever way worked!) 😄

@BILL10710 wrote:

Thanks for the information.  Yesterday I downloaded Google Chrome and I was able to doo all of my Pay Pal labels.  I did try to post the open shipments from the Summary Page on Pay Pal, but it did not transfer.  I will try that again in the future.

Login to Me Too

TheProfessorsAt
New Community Member
Well, even though nothing is fixed I am breathing a sigh of relief that it is not my lack of technical savy or my poor little computer's fault that I have been unable to print out my shipping labels off Paypal. My problem started approximately 3 weeks ago when the labels would print out fine, just without any bar codes. My first fix was to put a new ink cartridge in but nothing changed. Out of necessity I began using Click and Ship. Over the course of the next 2 weeks I contacted paypal's help where they first suggested updating java, that didn't change anything. On the next call they did say there seemed to be several complaints about shipping labels and I would be put on a list for a fix. Nothing changed with that either. Like everyone else has said, using another site for labels is at best inconvient because you must manually enter addresses and on click and ship there is no way to have shipping cost not on label. I will try the multi label fix suggested on this forum and cross my fingers that it works, otherwise I'll have to wait several weeks for the money to be refunded for the voided labels 😞 One oddity about all of this is that I was able to print out the labels at the local library!? After reading the comments perhaps that is because they use Chrome as their browser?? Well, things could be worse, at least we have labels to print out, otherwise we'd be on a forum for why we have no sales!!! Haha! Here's hoping for a fix, soon!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.