Buyers claim their shipping address is not displayed during checkout.

brewhardware
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

I have checked into this a bit by attempting to purchase from a friend's paypal account but the buyer's shipping address does show on the checkout screen. However, this account I was testing with did not have a checking account linked, only a primary credit card.

A buyer who has a checking account linked told me that there was no display of his "home" checked address. They proceded with the transaction and only found that I was about to ship to the wrong address due to the shipping confirmation info that was emailed to him. Is this true? Why wouldn't the checkout window display the ship to address prominently?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

brewhardware -

Good to see you around!  Question - are you requiring confirmed shipping addresses for US customers?  If that's the case, it may be defaulting to the confirmed address on file, and their home address may not be confirmed (so the system, then, wouldn't show it).  We would, however, always show the address for their review before payment is submitted.

Let us know!

Adrian

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!

Did my post solve the issue? If so, please accept it as a solution!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.