Business Account?

ChipM
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I have a private account and after recently selling some items, one payment was held up and was marked as pending. When I checked into the reason, I read that in order to receive the payment I would have to set up a business account. This has never happened before and I am unsure as to why this happened and whether I have to set up a business account just to receive a normal payment. I am in the U.S. and the payment was coming from Australia in AU Dollars. Could I get some suggestions on how to handle this?

Thanks in advance,

Chip M.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ChipM

If you are a seller then you should have a business account, if you are not a registered business then you just select the individual pathway.

With a personal account you can only accept a certain amount of card funded payments before you have to upgrade.

But also is your paypal account set up to receive AUdollars?? 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

ChipM
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the reply. I did just speak to a PayPal representative and was told to forward the E-Mail they sent informing me of the pending payment. They told me there was no reason that I should have to set up a business account in order to receive the payment. They said they would check into it and get back to me. Regards, ChipM

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.