Artist Accepting Tips Through Paypal.me

roseberrycomics
New Community Member

Hi, I'm an artist that primarily displays my work for free online. Recently I have had some of my audience express interest in tipping me via paypal, because I did things like give them permission to get something I drew as a tattoo or I created an edit of one of my works to their specifications. So I've created this account and a paypal.me page for the purpose of giving it out to my fans interested in tipping me and linking to it on my art webpage, but I want to make sure I'm doing everything right so I have a few questions.

-Is it okay to accept these types of tips/donations through paypal.me?

-my paypal.me link is set to friends & family--is this the right setting? I don't think goods & services is appropriate because I'm not actually selling a specific product, just giving people the option to give me a few bucks as thanks for making something they like.

-When I signed up for paypal I chose a personal account because I'm not currently planning on selling anything, just accepting tips and probably doing some of my own online shopping. Is a personal account acceptable for this or do I need to change to a premier/business account?

Thank you for your help in advance!

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.