Adding users to business account NOT WORKING

frydaho
Contributor
Contributor

I'm starting a new thread because the old threads that "address" this topic are read-only now. Also, I'm coming to the PayPal community because PayPal customer support sent me tips on how to change my password instead of answering the question I was asking.

I have zero question or difficulty adding a user to my account; I have done it, I can successfully log into that user account on my machine, and that process is crystal clear to me.

The problem I'm struggling with is getting that user logged in on their own machine. I can log out of PayPal, put that new user's credentials in, and log in with no problem. When I give that user (say, my bookkeeper) the credentials I made for her, she cannot log into my PayPal account from her computer.

Even if I go to my bookeeper's computer, log in with my account, log out, and use the credentials I made to log her in, it still does not work.

Look, I don't care how it happens: I need other users to be able to log into this account from anywhere in the world and access the data I authorize. How can I make that happen?

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

anywhere in the world to log into your account?

You have to go to your account and in some security profile,add the countries allowed to access your account.

Where is your bookeeper?

Login to Me Too

frydaho
Contributor
Contributor
We're both in the US; I was only making a point. That said, even though we're in the same city, this problem exists and persists.
Login to Me Too

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

what message did she get when she tried to log in?

Login to Me Too

frydaho
Contributor
Contributor
"Some of your info isn't correct. Please try again." All of the info is correct. When you asked me this, I logged in first on the machine I used to create these credentials, and was able to successfully. Prior to writing this response I went to her machine, tried to log in with the same creds, and received the above-quoted message.
Login to Me Too

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

could it be that Paypal expects all the workers to share same computer/network?

you mat want to ask on Ebay seller forum ,some sellers may have staff helping them sell.

or a husband and wife team or family with kids.

Login to Me Too

frydaho
Contributor
Contributor

Perhaps.

I wanted to take a moment and thank you, lancelotme, for all of your help. I appreciate the time and effort you're putting into this.

I may ask on the eBay seller forum, even though I do not use this PayPal account with eBay, because what you say is correct: they may have a workaround. I don't know if I will or not because if this issue isn't important enough for PayPal to address at all, despite my repeated attempts, perhaps I shouldn't be doing business with them.

In fact, why are either of us spending this amount of time and effort -- value, money -- to make PayPal's product work? Would I ever, ever, expect my customers to go through this to use my products or services? Of course not! The very idea is beyond ridiculous!!!

Why would I give them any of my or my customers' money if they don't provide a service that meets my needs?

I'll give it a couple days and, if there's no progress by then, I'll be closing my PayPal accounts. I'm leaving this totally up to PayPal.

Thanks again. 🙂

Login to Me Too

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Does your bookeeper have her own paypal account?

We are allowed 2 accounts-one personal and one business,could it be security reason she cannot log on to your account from her computer? 

Login to Me Too

frydaho
Contributor
Contributor

She does have her own, personal account.

It's all good though... I actually just signed up for a Stripe account, and I am planning to use WooCommerce to create a POS system on my site's backend. We'll see how it goes.

I'm not saying I'm done with PayPal, but they should really be the one making sure my user experience is up to par. Up until now I've been doing the digital equivalent of yelling "help!" at them and they've ignored me: unless someone pops up with a super-easy one-step answer or fix, I'm not spending any more time on making their product work.

The only reason I've bothered to respond to this is because you're giving your time and attention selflessly, lancelotme, and because these answers may help someone else down the line.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.